What's new

Kava interactions with Enalapril or Aspirin?

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Hey guys, my doctor is recommending I begin taking Enalapril 10mgs and a small daily dose of aspirin. I looked briefly online but there is real no definitive answer to whether kava interacts with enalapril or blood pressure medications in general. I am not necessarily a daily drinker, go through spurts, loll, but would be fine with monitoring my intake a bit more to not overtax my liver. Just wondering if anyone has any extra information or personal experiences. By the way, Enalapril is an ace inhibitor designed to reduce blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels by reducing a certain hormone in the body [though I forget the exact name and do not feel like looking it up, loll]

Update - Read through a study and it looks like Enalapril is metabolized mainly through carboxylesterases, [not exactly sure what these are], but seems to be in contrast to being converted through CPY 450, which would be the beta-blockers. CPY 450 also being what kava is primarily metabolized through. So looks like the main mechanism of drug-metabolization is different, though both through the liver, mainly.

Last edited: