What's new

Kava Kauai 5 star kava powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Has anyone tried this? 70 bucks a pound ($55 for black friday). Kava Kauai makes great instant, but I've never tried the powdered root, and I'm having trouble imagining a kava so potent I would pay 2-3 times what I normally pay. Here is the description:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: This knock-your-socks-off kava is the most potent kava root powder available. Made from green kava that has not been dried in advance, it requires special processing that preserves more kavalactones than dried root powder. The finished product is nothing less than divine: smooth, better tasting, and potent beyond compare.
This sounds a little similar to the description of BKH's Nambawan. I would interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes, $70 is insane. That kava must come in a gold bag. Ho wait GHK, comes in a gold bag. LOL. Well you know what I mean. I cant see myself spending that kind of loot, on 1 freggen pound. But If you try it, and it is 3 times more potent, let me know, Then Ill order some. But for this week, I done, Gave all my Kava money to Chris, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . Got my 2 pounds, of MAHAKEA, medium grind, in a gold bag, a few days ago. Much Love. Roaddog....

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Ever count the stars on a bag of "WOW"?

@Kavasseur can correct me if I'm wrong, but back in the glory days of 2008 or whenever, the supplier reached out and contacted him directly, explaining the relabeling process.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Can't remember exactly.. but I have reached out to Kava Kauai several times to get samples for reviews. Never hear back from them... I would be able to let you know if $70 was worth it. $70 for a half kilo of the old Solomons would be a bargain.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Well, I've tried it. I got around to finally getting some of this. I'd say it is a solid 5 star Kava. It is really beautiful stuff. White as snow, tasty, and really heady. I'll be writing a review soon, but suffice it to say that you certainly won't regret paying $70 - even if it is a lot of money

Weioo

Kava Curious
I'm really interested in this but I want to hear more feedback, from people who actually paid the price for it. I feel their review may differ a bit. :) I mean, $20 more than some of the other top kavas!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm really interested in this but I want to hear more feedback, from people who actually paid the price for it. I feel their review may differ a bit. :) I mean, $20 more than some of the other top kavas!
It's the exact same kava as nakamal at home's WOW! Kava, just priced differently.

Last edited:

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I've had both Wow and Stone a couple years ago and Gary's 5 star a couple of minutes ago. I can give a fair comparison but I can tell you I've
been buying kava from Gary since way before I ever heard of Wow or Stone so I suspect the order of that is backwards. The thing that sets Gary's apart
is the grind is so fine you don't have to strain and 1 heaping Tbls. unstrained equals 2 any other method. You can get nausea not straining but I just have
a spoonful of nut butter or a bite of a candy bar to pad the stomach and no worries. I Aluballed 4 level Tbls (Double balling) and chugged the first wash,
two very full shells probably 6ozs. The second wash is sitting on my desk, I'm krunked and I know when I chug that my writing is over. 5 Star is potent very potent
worth every penny , i bought the half pound and I am happy with it. If the price really bugs you that much I recommend trying Gary's Blue label $20 less a pound
and still a very excellent Vanuatu Kava.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I wanted to follow up on this 5 Star as there are some unique properties here. I love Aluballing but it is very wasteful for this particular kava being so finely ground with no visible makas . My favorite recipe for this stuff is 1 level Tbsp , 4 oz. water (cold) a good splash of olive oil blended in the magic bullet for 30 - 40secs. With this dosage the effects are wonderfully heady and long lasting. When I say heady I mean energizing euphoria right up to the edge of jitters but not over it. With larger doses say 2 heaping Tbsps. it becomes for me anyway way more sedative in it's effects ,same with a double balled Aluball prep in that it can and will incapacitate you in higher doses and have you on a path to bed. I have to say Kava Kauai's 5Star is my current favorite with the select effect Heady/Sedative going it is truly special.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
I received 1/2 LB of the 5 Star Kava yesterday. I just mixed about 2 Tbsps. in about 8 ounces of water and blended it for 30 seconds or so. and then drank half of it.
There was very little fiber, but a small amount at the bottom which I just strained out.
I have to say this is some VERY powerful kava with very uplifting, and antianxiety effects. Very numbing too. Drinking it without straining it did mess my stomach up a little, but not too bad. Just some gas. Since this kava is so expensive I didn't want to waste it by Aluballing it. It is very strong more so then Stone I think, but with no next day effects. I did have a little trouble getting up at 6:30AM for work, but I drank about 3 shells pretty close apart.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
They're offering a 10% discount on the 5 Star right now. The code is ( stars) A pound came out to 76.80 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.