What's new

Kava Kauai Fijian

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
My first experience with Fijian kava was with Kule'a, and I didn't like it.  I received it as part of the Kava Gift Basket set, which is a great set, in terms of having a coconut shell and matching holder, a small paint strainer and a Fijian strainer cloth, "Easter Grass" to lay things on, and of course the box itself.  However, neither the Fijian nor the Melo Melo impressed me one bit.

However, there are so many positive reivews of Fijian kavas out there that I thought a different year, a different vendor, let's see if I am missing something.

I like it.  It's hard to describe without resorting to my private synesthesia, but I will say it increases my sense of relaxation, and my sense of gratitude.  I can understand now why Doug thanked the police officer who gave him a ticket for doing such an important job protecting the public from rolling-stoppers like himself.  (Well, for protecting the public from actual threats, in addition to annoying otherwise safe drivers).

Snow Patrol's "Just Say Yes" sounds awesome, and brings tears to my eyes.

I may add Fijian, or at least this vendor's Fijian to my regular rotation.  Contractually, I must drink Vanuatu kava at least 100 nights a year or lose my divinity status on Tanna.  I also want to help American growers, so I keep Isa in regular rotation, but don't drink it that often for obvious reasons.  I love how Tongan has its "Tong" effect.

I think I'm going to crawl into my horse box and take a nap, now.

Since I want to warn others of the disappointing Fijian, as well as give a glowing review for Kava Kauai (who lacks their own forum), and this forum is quiet, here's a new post.