What's new

Kava Kava and Shaivism

Zaphod

Kava Lover
100% agree. Kava extracts and Kavalactone isolates are not kava. Just as caffeine is not coffee. While maybe they have their uses (medically or recreation) they are not the future of kava. The future of kava is introducing more people to the wonderful water based extraction beverage as traditionally prepared for many, many generations. It is as awesome beverage as-is. I am not a big fan of what has happened in the other well known plant industry with high extract edibles and isolates. It will only cause more issues in the long run and really not necessary for kava.

Just to be clear I have used and in general have no issues with extracts for use - but that won't be the future of the kava industry. If we want to spend money on better kava science it should be focused on more efficient growing, and harvesting kava, better kava testing, and the physiological and pharmacological benefits of the water based beverage.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
100% agree. Kava extracts and Kavalactone isolates are not kava. Just as caffeine is not coffee. While maybe they have their uses (medically or recreation) they are not the future of kava. The future of kava is introducing more people to the wonderful water based extraction beverage as traditionally prepared for many, many generations. It is as awesome beverage as-is. I am not a big fan of what has happened in the other well known plant industry with high extract edibles and isolates. It will only cause more issues in the long run and really not necessary for kava.

Just to be clear I have used and in general have no issues with extracts for use - but that won't be the future of the kava industry. If we want to spend money on better kava science it should be focused on more efficient growing, and harvesting kava, better kava testing, and the physiological and pharmacological benefits of the water based beverage.
A huge boundary to Kava is the flavor. And if you could eat a small pressed tablet that would be the easiest way to have both mass production and acceptance.

What you are saying makes sense, but many can not tolerate the taste.

Most extracts do not solve this.

Extracts can be put in veggie caps, but those are very time consuming to prepare. Even with the trays, it is not as easy as a pill tablet.

If someone had an extract of 50-60mg or even 100mg of active ingredient, bonding material, a hammer, a frame thing and a pill brand (a stamp that you hammer into the powder and bonding material to make a pill, this is how ecstacy is made with Transformer prints, and Louie Vutton prints, and Dolphins and Monkeys, etc). A Kava Tablet could be yellow Monkeys. But that is still kind of time consuming, while definitely the most aesthetically pleasing.

The most effective on all fronts would be a semi-auto or auto press. And eventually, customized Kavalactone content, Isolates, etc.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina

My comment was terse... rude even, so thank you for your post, which happens to put into words what I feel about this topic.

You will not find a Yangonin product online yet, but that is probably the future of Kava Kava.
Yangonin is the future of Yangonin. My biggest issue with the kava industry is the mislabelling of kavalactones/extracts. They are not kava.

If a kavalactone such as Yangonin turns out to be useful in an isolated form, then that's great, but don't call it kava.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
if you do not like the flavor Kava may not be for you.

Try a different cultivar and preparation. The traditional beverage flavor can be changed by cultivar, where it was grown. By ratio of heart to lateral root. By temperature of water used to brew, as well as temperature served at. By being prepared in the undiluted pure juice of fruit or vegetables, being brewed in milk made from nuts. squeezing effectively, water to root ratio, and duration of squeeze session also impact flavor and texture. The biggest contributer I have mentioned affecting the taste of your Kava is where it's from.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
Last weekend I was shown Punic Wax while doing research on enzymes and Tree Gums, after having done Saponification research for my Wife. I also realized something not mentioned in any Scientific Literature, which is that the Punics likely used Ashes.

So far the recipe they have gotten to scientifically is "Beeswax and Soap", but what the ancients were doing was adding Resins, Gums, Rosins, Fats, Oils and Balsams in the Beeswax, then Saponifying with Ash or Sodalime or both, and Ocean Water was for Boiling with Salt and Sodium Biocarbonate, which Saponifies.

So we will launch the educational series, and Silpa Sastra, tomorrow here
http://www.punicwax.com/2020/08/discovering-punic-wax.html

And we will be creating entirely new forms of Punic Wax, and using it to make Incense and Soap. I want other people to copy the tech.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
πιστεύῃ ὅτι ὃ λαλεῖ γίνεται

Birds do not acknowledge Gravity with a word or image.

"The Gods" as spoken about by Ancient people, can all be compared to Gravity. Shiva is what Marijuana does to you, that is Shiva, and what makes you Dance, that is Shiva. And it is like Gravity.

Truth, is Ma'at, Truth, Justice, etc. This is also like Gravity.

Love, or Eros, or Kama, or Agape, these can not Physical be seen, but they exist, and they bring us together. They are like Gravity.

All of these, are Gravity.

I want to explain something for everyone, and you have to think about this to understand it, and you can lose it and get it back.

Gravity is like the Placebo Effect. Now, upon first hearing this you may think it says "Gravity is Fake" or "Gravity is only a Belief", but no, the Placebo Effect is not Fake, it is real. The Placebo Effect is a real actionable Force that you cannot see, just like Gravity. And there are many of these things, the Punics called this Concept Tanit, the Egyptians called it Ma'at, the Greeks have Rhea and Hera, but Tanit covers all these concepts of Gravity, Time, etc.

Gravity then is also like our Ability as Humans to use our Will. Your Will is like Gravity, or the Placebo Effect, your Will is an active Force in the Universe like Gravity, and we together can form Unions of thought, like Planets, Moons and Asteroids around Stars, this is how Humans have a Society.

Other Animals do not have so much control over these things, and instead are more tuned into them. The Bird Flies using Gravity, Wind and Thrust, the Bee Builds a Hive using complex structures, but Humans have an Ability to question and understand. And this is like Gravity or the Placebo Effect, it can be activated and itself worked with like the Bee and Bird use Gravity, etc. You can work with that Natural Force like the Bee builds the Honeycomb, with a deeper understanding that your sense of this is showing you the best way to proceed. This is where Gods are connected to Humans, God is not a Sky Daddy. Gravity is like the Placebo Effect.

And you do not have to think the Placebo Effect is real, and it still works. As long as you are appropriately under Placebo. It all works even if you don't believe, if you don't believe you are just like a Bird.

Truth is another one of these, it is real whether you accept it or not, and if you don't know about it, it still works. And Truth is like Gravity in several ways.

"This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as 'I am in the east and west, I am above and below, I am this entire world"
-Erwin Schrodinger

"All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha (आकाश) or luminferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana (प्राण) or creative force, calling into existence, in never-ending cycles all things and phenomena."
-Nikola Tesla

"I go to the Upanishad to ask questions"
-Niels Bohr

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
πιστεύῃ ὅτι ὃ λαλεῖ γίνεται

Birds do not acknowledge Gravity with a word or image.

"The Gods" as spoken about by Ancient people, can all be compared to Gravity. Shiva is what Marijuana does to you, that is Shiva, and what makes you Dance, that is Shiva. And it is like Gravity.

Truth, is Ma'at, Truth, Justice, etc. This is also like Gravity.

Love, or Eros, or Kama, or Agape, these can not Physical be seen, but they exist, and they bring us together. They are like Gravity.

All of these, are Gravity.

I want to explain something for everyone, and you have to think about this to understand it, and you can lose it and get it back.

Gravity is like the Placebo Effect. Now, upon first hearing this you may think it says "Gravity is Fake" or "Gravity is only a Belief", but no, the Placebo Effect is not Fake, it is real. The Placebo Effect is a real actionable Force that you cannot see, just like Gravity. And there are many of these things, the Punics called this Concept Tanit, the Egyptians called it Ma'at, the Greeks have Rhea and Hera, but Tanit covers all these concepts of Gravity, Time, etc.

Gravity then is also like our Ability as Humans to use our Will. Your Will is like Gravity, or the Placebo Effect, your Will is an active Force in the Universe like Gravity, and we together can form Unions of thought, like Planets, Moons and Asteroids around Stars, this is how Humans have a Society.

Other Animals do not have so much control over these things, and instead are more tuned into them. The Bird Flies using Gravity, Wind and Thrust, the Bee Builds a Hive using complex structures, but Humans have an Ability to question and understand. And this is like Gravity or the Placebo Effect, it can be activated and itself worked with like the Bee and Bird use Gravity, etc. You can work with that Natural Force like the Bee builds the Honeycomb, with a deeper understanding that your sense of this is showing you the best way to proceed. This is where Gods are connected to Humans, God is not a Sky Daddy. Gravity is like the Placebo Effect.

And you do not have to think the Placebo Effect is real, and it still works. As long as you are appropriately under Placebo. It all works even if you don't believe, if you don't believe you are just like a Bird.

Truth is another one of these, it is real whether you accept it or not, and if you don't know about it, it still works. And Truth is like Gravity in several ways.

"This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as 'I am in the east and west, I am above and below, I am this entire world"
-Erwin Schrodinger

"All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha (आकाश) or luminferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana (प्राण) or creative force, calling into existence, in never-ending cycles all things and phenomena."
-Nikola Tesla

"I go to the Upanishad to ask questions"
-Niels Bohr
You made me wonder: what percentage of my life is placebo?!? Maybe a very high percentage...