What's new

Kava kava. Death cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
What would you recommend to stay healthy and hydrated? Have any ideas on things to eat to keep those calories up? I am dependent on K@ and do 60+ grams of kava a night . I knew better but these last couple years have been pretty rough mentally and have dropped about 30 PDs not being hungry and not wanting to eat because I wanted to feel those two things and now highly regretting it. I need to get my weight up a bit and not look so dried out. My skin hasn't darkened it's became rather light and look and feel way unhealthy but I'll don't believe that's due to kava and more about K@ which Im highly regretting now. Appreciate any help
Personally, I am extremely intolerant to K@. It completely disables my digestive system, and makes defacation virtually impossible by causing my lower left colon "illeocecal valve", like a tap stopper effecfively, to completely close.

Kava can also cause issues with my digestive function, it can both help, and hinder, dosage and routine wise dependant,

The strength of my constitution and digestive system at the time plays a big role in this.

Maybe you can begin to focus determinedly on gradually tapering down your K@ intake, to lower dependance and reduce digestive side effects? You may feel so encouraged by the gradual improvement, that you are motivated enough to taper all the way down on the K@ until you are free. Best luck anyway and keep those thoughts positive and constructive, there is always hope.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Kava itself is quite nutritious actually. I've tested quite a few samples. The high fibre content is also probably good for gut health (which is good for nutrient absorption)

A lot of people in NZ blame kava for obesity, poor health etc, among certain people who consume it regularly. But it's pretty obvious these conditions are not caused by the kava itself, but by the "lollies" (sweets) and other junk food consumed in large quantities in South Auckland kava clubs/kalapus. Plus large amounts of super sugary drinks (including energy drinks!).
And I think we also pondered the possibility of prebiotic effects with kava too.

Status
Not open for further replies.