What's new

Kava King Products from iHerb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tholman

Kava Curious
A few days ago I purchased four bags of this kava https://iherb.com/pr/Kava-King-Products-Inc-Instant-Drink-Mix-Vanuatu-Blend-1-2-lb-226-8-g/52760
Edit: Link fixed

Simply because it was ridiculously cheap from my experience. About 113 norwegian kroner which is around 14 dollars for 226.8 grams of "instant" (I believe it's micronized) kava. On top of that I can get it shipped for free to Norway with Global DHL, whilst keeping it under the price limit that makes you have to pay customs toll fees.

I bought the "cocoa blend" variant along with some normal cocoa drink products and candy, hoping that will make the kava look even more hot chocolatey to the customs. I would have bought the "lateral roots" kava and other tastes if not for that.

Just wanted to share this ordering adventure. Perhaps some of you might be interested in trying out this cheap kava too. I recommend iHerb in general, lots of exciting plants out there. Amazing snacks too.

Nom,
Tholman

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I bought some Kava King Vanuatu Blend from Amazon a couple months ago. It's wasn't noteworthy in any way, but most powders aren't these days. It was sufficiently effective for the price though. Not bad.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
As I noted in another thread, I purchased some of the cocoa blend myself. I found it to be weak, but it did have a slight headiness to. As shakas said, pretty much all the powders are now a days (I suspect early harvesting and not being able to wait till the 5year mark due to high demand). For a lite, social, and a not too bitter drink l will get this one again. It is cut with a rice ingredient (for better mixing?), so take that for what it’s worth.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I drank this stuff 6 or so years ago, it tasted OK and had a bit of headiness. It was definitely more potent than the KKF stuff but not as strong as the micro or instant from any of the current trusted vendors.

Tholman

Kava Curious
Thanks for the input, guys. Just got the package, even got it delivered on the door. Incredibly fast shipping, but it seems to be up to luck. I also got a package I ordered from iHerb February 2th along with it. Oh, no it wasn't. But I've been waiting for that one a while now.

Last edited:

Tholman

Kava Curious
Certainly looks good..

Update: It looks very finely grinded. This has by far been the easiest kava to drink for me, probably due to the cocoa flavour addition. It kinda reminds me of a diet shake with chocolate flavouring, but less sweet and earthier. Not something I would drink purely for the taste. The effects are there but seems relatively weak like others have mentioned. I obviously don't know about next day effects and such yet, but so far I'd recommend trying it purely for the price and ease of ingestion.

Attachments

Last edited:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Certainly looks good..

Update: It looks very finely grinded. This has by far been the easiest kava to drink for me, probably due to the cocoa flavour addition. It kinda reminds me of a diet shake with chocolate flavouring, but less sweet and earthier. Not something I would drink purely for the taste. The effects are there but seems relatively weak like others have mentioned. I obviously don't know about next day effects and such yet, but so far I'd recommend trying it purely for the price and ease of ingestion.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I have not had any day after effects. If someone can’t take kava due to the taste, I would recommend them give this a try. At least it’s kava, has some kava effects, but doesn’t flip your anus with your esophagus...

Tholman

Kava Curious
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I have not had any day after effects. If someone can’t take kava due to the taste, I would recommend them give this a try. At least it’s kava, has some kava effects, but doesn’t flip your anus with your esophagus...
Yep, definitely some kava beginner material. Very cheap and easier to drink means you can battle reverse tolerance with it without spewing cash. Although it's probably gonna take longer due to the weaker effects. This can be a good mixer with some stronger kava types too if you feel that they're overpowering.

PS: Mixed mine with dairy milk. If you want it even more palatable some chocolate milk powder added is probably a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.