What's new

Kava King review

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Ok, so you all know that I was asking about these products, nothing really conclusive had been established.
So for the good of the Kava Kommunity, I am testing them out.

On a side note before I start, that I also bought one of their chocolate bars that I will be also reviewing in this.
So bonus, 2 for 1 here!

The chocolate first.
The packaging is beautiful!
Total weight is 1.5 ozs, I bought this through amazon because it was free shipping at 7.27 as a add on item.
The taste is amazing, hands down delicious and would be great for someone new. Its a little pricy but I think its a trade off.
The effects were nice, I ate approx 1/4 of the bar and its a heady variety.
The taste was a nice not to sweet chocolate at first, that gradualy turned a little earthy from the Kava.
But all the way through plesant tasting.

Ok, the Review on the cappuccino mix.
Packaging again is GREAT!
Its 3 bags total, as seen in the pics.
Its micronized super fine, and smell is great.
That being said, I wish the taste matched.

Absolutely horrible tasting, Id much rather just taste root.
I think its because of the Stevia, I noticed in another product from Yogi Teas had stevia and had the same funk.
The numbing is mild.
I mixed 2 teaspoons to 1 cup warm milk "I though it was going to be more like a hot chocolate kind of thing"
Effect are decent, they are now creeping up on me. It is the for sure the same Kava used in the chocolate bars.
High Kavain.

All in all, I would not buy the drink mix again.
The price to taste to effect ratio does not compare to Paradise, BKH,KBR, or NAH

I will most likely be buying the chocolate bars again for gifts though.

D

Deleted User01

Endwatcher, how would you compare the chocolate bars to the orange Flavored Kava Candy (assuming you have had them). Could you compare in terms of effects and price per dose?

endwatcher

I would say they that the 2 have different strain effects, for sure.
What makes the chocolate hard to dose, is that its not scored or anything, so you just kinda snap a bit off.
I would say the Kava Candy has more bang for the buck.
But, the chocolate is a good buy if just wanting something a little different.

WakaGrade

Grog 4 your Nog
End, I agree with you....I will say this stuff is disgusting. It tasted very artificial. Took 3 Tablespoons chugged to get where I like to get with kava. Surely you still have some left. Don't use a lot of milk, it slows absorption and can give you a stomach ache and make you feel bloated. It was like $12 for a half lb on Swanson's Vitamins, which is an awesome site by the way. If you can get past the artificial aspartame taste of this stuff and just chug, it's okay. Not something I would ever order again.

endwatcher

Waka, its the Stevia.
I dont know why anyone uses it, its more nappy bitter then sweet.
But yes, artificial is a good term.
Id also say, commercialized to much?
Packaging is great on the other hand

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Alright you guys..I finally got my stuff..I personally didn't mind the taste:shameshame: (At least it didn't make me gag) lol...Now for the effects..Loved them..nice body and mind combo, and they really creep up on you...BUT, something no one mentioned is the consistency :wtf:..It's like a sludgefest from hell in my mug:facepalm:..Good grief! No matter how hard I tried I just turned into exactly what the flavor says..a thick..SHAKE:wideyed::yuck: That did me in..it's like trying to chug cemento_O Makes me wonder what it's doing to my gut??:nailbiting:

violet

Do all things with love
@KavaGurl, how much of the powder did you mix up? Did it take a while for it to thicken up like that?

The whole idea of "micronized" root powder makes me really hesitant to try this product, it almost seems like you would be getting exposed to all of the same stuff as you would if you had toss-n-washed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronization

Can anyone clarify this?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@violet You're exactly right about micronization, it's just extremely finely ground root powder.

Endwatcher, I have to commend you on your ability to document. Awesome pictures. I love when people show the texture of the product. One question, I noticed you used photobucket to post the pictures. Did you run into any problems trying to use the "Upload a file" function here? (Just trying to be sure everything's working as smoothly as possible)

KavaGurl

@violet I used 2tbs the first go around...then tried 2tsp, both times were in about 2 cups of water, with the same result.:facepalm: And Yes, as Kapm said it is just finely ground root so I can already feel it irritating my dermopathy:meh: I don't believe it's the root powder that caused it to thicken like that, but something else in there...:wideyed:

KavaGurl

@endwatcher yeah I'm thinking it's the rice whateveritscalled?? :hilarious:

As for the taste..well I agree that it is on the very sweet side, however it doesn't make me gag, so that's a plus:wacky:..And the effects are awesome in my book!:woot: They give me a perfect balance of mind/body melt, which really helps with my FM and joint issues. But that sludge factor just has me gutted:smuggrin: Pun intended! :hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.