What's new

Micronized Kava Review Kava King - Vanilla Shake / Berry shake / Vanuatu

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
So right now, this brand (kava king) is becoming my staple kava out of the ~9+ Ive tried. It feels like all their varieties are the same type of kava, just with different flavors. That said, the Vanuatu blend is definitely stronger than the flavors (plus 1 shell). The only one I havent tried yet is the chocolate as i gave that one to a friend. Its the closest one to getting me to sleep most evenings without being too stimulating, Its easy, and the taste is acutally almost pleasant. Ulike other micronized I have tried, this one feels closer to an instant in its grind and smoothness, and almost has an oily texture / velvety texture. This particular one is not exactly like a vanilla shake, but pleasant vanilla milky flavor with a light kava taste. I usually sweeten a little more with chocolate syrup (which is quite good) or splenda, but it is pallatable on its own. The berry shake is similar, kava with milky berry undertones, and one can sweeten further.
So first off I started seekeing kava to help me with severe insomnia. I discovered all the other fun and complexity along the way, but this one (and NENE) have so far been the closest to helping me with that task.
When I first started using this kava, 2 tsp would make me feel like I wanted to crawl into bed, and if I pushed through that and kept at it, it would lead me to a sedated pleasant and relaxed state which I could roll with in 2 tsp increments until bed time. I can also use it to "come down" off more stimulating kavas. Also price is seemingly quite good with coupons and free shipping thorugh swanson vitamins (search google for coupons). A half pound for me was <$15 a bag.
Now it is not as sedating for me, but that may be due to other variables in my equation (resumed taking anti-depressant). Still pleasant, but wont quite knock me out.

I still prefer to make most other kavas the traditional way, but this one is a nice convenient backup, and also good for traveling.

The packaging is also by far the nicest of any kava received to date. Each bag comes in a nicely decorated sack cloth bag, with a zipper top plastic bag inside that, with a sealed plastic bag inside that. So for travel, you just grab your spoone and add it to the outer bag, grab a bottle and go.

While not nessicarily a "Fun" kava, I find this an excellent medicinal and relaxing kava. Its also not a good "at work" kava.

It may also be more relaxing for others, as I find my beloved (aka queen unrooter) still manages to get to me some while using this, though I havent yet found the kava solution for that yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for reviewing this kava. Is this really King Kava or is it Kava King? I think your talking about Kava King, they do sell flavored kava. Thanks again for the review. Aloha.

Chris

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Available flavors: Vanuatu Blend (kava flavor), Vanilla Shake, Berry Shake, Cocoa, Berry Blend, Cappuccino Shake. I have not tried the later 3... yet.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Available flavors: Vanuatu Blend (kava flavor), Vanilla Shake, Berry Shake, Cocoa, Berry Blend, Cappuccino Shake. I have not tried the later 3... yet.
Hey everyone, just to let you know that if you guys want, I can bring in all the different flavors that Kava King has. Kava King is a good company that has been around a long time. They have a good quality product now, they have COA's to show the quality and the lack of adulteration and they process there kava in a GMP clean room so they are FDA compliant. There have been a lot of good reviews about there flavored kava drinks, for those who might like to try to mask the flavor of the kava, people tell me "it taste good" :hungry: Let me know and I will start selling it on my website just for you folks. (y) Aloha.

Chris

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Another funny dislexia story, I was reading the story of Easter a freind of mine posted. The verse "And Pilot turned him over to be crucified", I misread as Pilates, which would certainly crucify me.