What's new

Kava kitchen accidents

Yvs

Kava Curious
Just had my first kava blender accident last night! I put the blender on the kitchen counter next to a cupboard and than opened a cupboard door which pushed the blender (with kava and plenty of water) on the floor ):

Took me about an hour to clean the mess, luckily it was a second wash otherwise I would be more upset.
I was already after a few shells so the entire thing didn't bother me too much:shameshame:

Has anyone else had any accidents while preparing kava?

Attachments

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I wish I had a kava accident instead of the last big kitchen mess (which happened awhile ago now) - dropping a glass bottle of maple syrup on the floor. Now *that* took ages to clean up!

I haven't had a kava spill but I do tend to leave little grog stains on any random coaster/table/book etc. that I set my kava glass on around the apartment.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Just had my first kava blender accident last night! I put the blender on the kitchen counter next to a cupboard and than opened a cupboard door which pushed the blender (with kava and plenty of water) on the floor ):

Took me about an hour to clean the mess, luckily it was a second wash otherwise I would be more upset.
I was already after a few shells so the entire thing didn't bother me too much:shameshame:

Has anyone else had any accidents while preparing kava?
I would have had one relaxed dog....

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I always plan to make and clean a mess. Kava is worth it.
I have squeezed root that was too hot and root that turned my hands into ice. I've spilled some while making outdoors, whether wet or dry in the breeze. Strainers have popped and sprayed at my eyes. Never any accidents or dangers I would say. No real damage ever done to me by Kava,including the preparation.
I frequently spill it on my favorite shirt, which I don't like to wash because it is sentimental. One time I got kava splots on my friend's porch-deck, above the river. It was a good night. Bula!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Not in the kitchen, but once I was out of kava so I scraped together a spoon or two from several old bags and was excited I actually mustered up enough for a good size batch. I was sitting on the carpet watching TV as I kneaded it up, and as I pulled the bag out when i was done, I nearly spilled it....in a split second my brain reacted to stop the spill and the reaction to save it ended up actually causing it to spill and I got to watch my only batch soak up into the carpet.

fun stuff like that happens to me ::chugger::

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Every morning I strain 3 fists full of makas. I do 3 washes and fill a 24 oz shaker bottle to the tippy top which gives me about 28 oz. one particular day recently; I got to work, got my bottle out and gave a good shake to get all of the sediment stirring. Well I never popped the spout lid on all the way before I left the house. My computer, blueprints, desk and my clothes were showered with Kava. Luckily I had enough to ration out for the rest of my day. Lesson learned.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Every morning I strain 3 fists full of makas. I do 3 washes and fill a 24 oz shaker bottle to the tippy top which gives me about 28 oz. one particular day recently; I got to work, got my bottle out and gave a good shake to get all of the sediment stirring. Well I never popped the spout lid on all the way before I left the house. My computer, blueprints, desk and my clothes were showered with Kava. Luckily I had enough to ration out for the rest of my day. Lesson learned.
My work keyboard may still have bits of dried kava in it....nearly the same experience.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I've had a kava bag burst on me, spray into my eyes, up the wall, and onto the ceiling a bit. I was shocked my eyes were numbed and not in pain. It was an odd sensation. I've also had a blender fail where the rubber basket at the bottom broke and so the kava leaked everywhere.