What's new

Kava - makes me feel tense!

Jay001

Hi.
Ive been using Kava for a while now, off and on and I really enjoy the heavy Kavas, like the Vanuatuś, I tend not to get too much of an effect from the heady ones... apart from Stone which I like but it does give me a bit of a foggy head in the morning.
Anyway, after a shell or two I sometimes find myself quite tense, maybe Kava makes me more aware of how im feeling but I often notice a slightly clenched jar or tightly held hands. it doesnt give me the overall feeling of calmness and grounding that I used to experience. And I can honestly say some of the best experiences of calmness and clarity I have ever had have been with Kava.

These negative tense feelings are occurring more often and that is making me have kava less as im not enjoying the effects as much... which unfortunately means I drink more wine in the evenings.
Has anyone experienced anything similar or found a Kava that really gives that wave of relaxation?

I am going to try again tonight and will report back!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I get physical symptoms sometimes with kava. Shallower breathing an increased heart rate. Usually only with heavier kava or overconsumption. I usually just lean into the feelings and accept them for what they are and it doesn't bother me. Surrender and let go mentality.

neeko b

Kava Curious
This comes and goes for me too. I 've found a few ways to mitigate it:

-not drinking kava on a completely empty stomach
-finding the strain of kava that works best for your chemistry. Kava Bati has been this one for me - no uncomfortable side effects.
-Making sure I am up on my electrolytes and magnesium

I am curious if others have tricks.

Good luck!

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
some strains dont sit well with me..KWK Borongoru is is one-it gives me anxiety and makes it hard to fall asleep, same with Kava Supreme. However, Kava Lapita and Melo Melo (KWK) don't do this and have very little side effects if any. Weird..but hey at least I found my go-to's.