What's new

Kava Newbie, My first experiences, Payment to Kava gods?

kl.fudmoe

Kava Curious
I got my Instant shaman kava, and Stone kava in the mail yesterday. I used the shaman at the end of the day, 3 tsp in a cup of water. Didn't feel a while lot, maybe about 30 min of my limbs feeling like they wanted to relax. Today it made 3.5 tsp in a cup of water. I drank it 30 min ago and feel about the same, very hard to notice. I don't know what to look for, but I have a past... and trust me I know when I feel something. Im getting a little relaxation, but someone that may not be experienced in knowing how they respond to substances may not notice what I feel at all.

Im going to make the stone kava this weekend straining with cheese cloth. Im hoping that will yield diff results. Anyone got any advice? Will I start to feel it more and more?

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Kava will not trip you out, however some kavas will get you krunk, each in their own way. Yes you have to pay your dues and you will feel it more and more. Just keep on drinking kava and one day it will be different. It took my friends around 4 sessions to feel the kava besides the relaxation, I think that comes on natural.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
for some it takes a while before they really start to feel it. Dont overdo it. More is not = better with kava. Keep drinking it for a while and then it will start to dawn on you, but be aware that some people are immune to kavalaktones.

kl.fudmoe

Kava Curious
Thanks for the replies. I am in no way looking for a quick fix or narc feeling. I left that lifestyle a long time ago. Just not sure what to expect. I will keep trying. All I'm looking for is relaxation. Just something to ease me and help me relax after a long day.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
fudmoe said:
Thanks for the replies. I am in no way looking for a quick fix or narc feeling. I left that lifestyle a long time ago. Just not sure what to expect. I will keep trying. All I'm looking for is relaxation. Just something to ease me and help me relax after a long day. 
Well this is what kava does better than anything else in my opinion. Just make sure you are in a darker, quieter atmosphere when drinking kava, it certainly helps bring out the relaxation. Im feeling kava wayyy more than I did a month ago. Ive only been drinking kava for about 4 monthes or so.

kl.fudmoe

Kava Curious
Did it like 5x at the same dose before I felt anything. And I felt it for sure really reduced stress, not a narcotic or drug feeling, but just overall relaxation.