What's new

Kava Powdered Review Kava Powder

R

Rookietwoshoes

Kavaboy's grind appears and behaves somewhat like a micro. I can understand now why they are able to utilize the powder in their chai tea with instructions to simply stir and drink. 25/30 grams were placed inside a Fijian strainer and less than half of it remained in the bag despite doing a second strain. I believe the use of pink lemonade might have been unnecessary due to Hinehina's inherent mild taste. A second wash was done for a mild third shell. Overall, 4 tbsp of Hinehina mimicked the duration of an instant.That aspect probably fluctuates quite a bit with a larger dose.

The first shell comes on rather quickly, within 5-8 minutes. It's mostly felt in the head with hardly any muscle effect. There is also a mild anti anxiety component to it that increases exponentially with each subsequent shell. Might I note that at no point was there any hint of nausea.

The first shell brings with it a happy, social air, replete with smiles and chatter. The second shell causes one to be more aware of their surroundings. Voices, music, noise.. any sound becomes more pronounced. I think the third shell makes a sudden left and into a contemplative mode - in this case, sparking enough inspiration to write a review. It seems as though it would be good for meditation or indulging in personal time since sound and people can potentially act like an annoyance or distraction. This is more of a spiritual strain, I think, thereby opening the mind in order to better listen to the whispers of the universe .

Allow the mysteries to unravel with Kavaboy's Hinehina. Yes, she may be short lived due to being so kavain centric and gently persistent about adding several extra tablespoons and/or shells. Yet she's a wise, soft spoken kava and inevitably quite the keeper.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Allow the mysteries to unravel with Kavaboy's Hinehina. Yes, she may be short lived due to being so kavain centric and gently persistent about adding several extra tablespoons and/or shells. Yet she's a wise, soft spoken kava and inevitably quite the keeper.
Regarding being short lived, personally this is one of those I sip throughout the night with the smooth taste and no nausea aspect, it seems to be one of those varieties the Islanders drink throughout the day with no issues.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Yes, I agree. This strain is so light and heady that it is very applicable for daytime use. The price is right , the taste is barely noticeable and it is ideal for newcomers or those who desire a lovely daytime boost of clarity.

D

Deleted User01

But it seems to be one of those varieties the Islanders drink throughout the day with no issues.
They must be unemployed if they drink it "all day". It's a little tough drinking it in the morning, eating lunch, and then staying awake. :rolleyes: But I get your drift. Maybe it is something us working folks could drink all afternoon long and then pass out after supper. Now that sounds good to me!

blindy107

Kava Lover
It's a wonderful root. I would try a little more next time you make a batch. 6-8tbsp seems to do me right with this one. Glad you enjoyed it. It's my trifecta kava.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I deliberately avoid the fijian strainer most of the time these days, especially with lighter stuff like this.
Fiji strainers are great, but they make the beverage weaker. Now I only use it for heavy DHM waka type stuff.

R

Rookietwoshoes

@shakas and @blindy107 - holy mackerel . I used the nylons and did
6 /7tbps in 3 cups of juice this time as per your suggestions and I may very well have to go back and edit my original review! The onset feels like a totally different animal. Much stronger and racier than what I experienced previously. It's been 30 minutes and I can't even consider a second shell yet. Yikes...

blindy107

Kava Lover
My double layered is from kavaboy and it's not too bad either but my amazon Fijian is loosey goosey. I tried knee high once and it just seemed odd the way kneading felt. Almost like it was too soft and squishy

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Ya, since I've come back around to nylons, I also noticed how soft and squishy it feels to knead. It feels like it's gettin' away from me when I pinch. I do like the more durable strainers for the actual act of kneading. It feels like I have more power and control over squeezing it properly, but the nylons working so awesomely for me right now, I've been sticking with it. Plus I've been too lazy to clean my other strainers lately, I'm almost afraid to look at them....unless a kava plant has sprouted from one.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@shakas here is my sediment from 8tbsp in 4 cups of water, double washed. This is using my amazon strainer. Kulea farms or something I think. Notice the finely crafted Kava Karafe I use...

image.jpg

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
:hungry: looks like some tasty sediment ::ooooohhhhz::
the womanly shape of the kava karafe, makes the beverage look even more appealing ::ricky::

R

Rookietwoshoes

@shakas @blindy107 - this stuff make you windy at all? Noticed I wasn't makin too many friends that night. :sick: I think that nylon strainer is the smoking gun...