What's new

Kava pre workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbas

Kava Curious
has anyone had any experience using kava before lifting? What was your experience/would or would this not be recommended?

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
I have never immediately before doing any exercise or training only the night before, I would not recommend doing it unless it is a very light workout. I find it to be to dehydrating and doesn't pair well before exercise, after a workout go right ahead as long as you hydrate well. Most of my workouts involve long runs 10-30 miles and occasionally cross fit I almost always have kava later in the evening after these activities. I definitely wouldn't want to be krunked while doing heavy overhead lifting.

Abbas

Kava Curious
I have never immediately before doing any exercise or training only the night before, I would not recommend doing it unless it is a very light workout. I find it to be to dehydrating and doesn't pair well before exercise, after a workout go right ahead as long as you hydrate well. Most of my workouts involve long runs 10-30 miles and occasionally cross fit I almost always have kava later in the evening after these activities. I definitely wouldn't want to be krunked while doing heavy overhead lifting.
I wasn't really thinking a full fledged kava session. More along the lines of a shell or two. And yeah it definitely seems like a terrible idea before cardio. I was just thinking of it more along the lines of giving an edge when it comes to focus.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
I think you'd be weaker? I was prescribed a micro dose of Valium for a week while over seas and I couldn't lift for shit on it. Also what Luna said about dehydration.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Since muscle resistance is what exercise is really about, the relaxed state from the kava beforehand could actually harm you.

A workout prior to the kava session would be good, though. Post-workout is usually a good relax time anyway, so adding kava might even be a deeper relax experience.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I advise against it, I don't think it will hurt you but in my experience going for a few short jogs and lifting after kava, it just makes things more unpleasant.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I lift on a regular basis, and I can't imagine lifting after drinking any kava. It would definitely hinder
your lifting due to the muscle relaxation.

After? Definitely. Soothes the muscles very nicely.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Replying to my own post... Having said that kava after a lifting sessions feels great (and it does),
bear in mind that typically after a lifting session, you consume a protein shake. I've found that the protein
shake, if consumed before kava, interferes with kava uptake, so if I'm going to drink kava, I do so before the protein shake.

No reason you couldn't combine the protein shake with kava. Bleck, I wouldn't, but I can't stand
anything mixed with kava, so that's just me. Worth a shot, definitely, if you don't mind the taste!!!
Two birds with one stone (N@H stone, that is) so to speak.

Abbas

Kava Curious
So the resounding consensus is a no go. Thanks everyone. I was just curious as I have used another substance to help with focus prior to weigh training and was curious if kava could be a replacement for that focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.