What's new

Kava Reverse Tolerance Advice

HI guys

I'm on my second batch of 50g and know that the effects are slowly ( VERY slowly) creeping in. I get the mouth numbing and slight feeling of calm.

The only concern is, is it worth sticking at it or is this gonna cost me a small mortgage before I start to feel full effects. I have read it can be months, even years? Is that ridiculous?

Any advise would be appreciated

Nik

Took me two months. Took my son 2 minutes. Prolly not genetic. Average is 2 weeks.

Worth it depends on what you want or need. I would have given an arm, better part of one leg.
That's so useful Krunkie. I am using as an alternative to alcohol. I'll stick at it then. Two months and then 'BAM?' Or more subtle than that? Did you take it day?

Nik

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
HI guys

I'm on my second batch of 50g and know that the effects are slowly ( VERY slowly) creeping in. I get the mouth numbing and slight feeling of calm.

The only concern is, is it worth sticking at it or is this gonna cost me a small mortgage before I start to feel full effects. I have read it can be months, even years? Is that ridiculous?

Nik
What are you drinking, how are you prepping it and how far are you spacing your shells? There have been a lot of very light (not strong) kavas out there and if you need an alcohol replacement you need the more potent varieties. IMO too many people waste time and money on weaker root thinking it's just RT.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
RT takes me on average 1 month to get through, and I get it again with any change of strain.
I also need a much larger dose than most to feel effects (on average, 2-4x what is recommended), prolly as a result of a lot of brain addling meds over the years. Be worth occasionally trying a larger dose every now and again to see if that makes a difference. I agree with Krunkie, reverse tolerance is a pain but unquestionably worth the effort. Persevere!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That's so useful Krunkie. I am using as an alternative to alcohol. I'll stick at it then. Two months and then 'BAM?' Or more subtle than that? Did you take it day?

Nik
As you can see there is considerable variation.

I drank smallish quantities of kava daily for two months, feeling nothing except exquisite dreams that started after two weeks. Anyway, after 2 months I said right, sod this for a game of soldiers, i’ma git krunk. So I did. Each night I gradually increased the amount of grind. Then one day I blend ‘n strained 4 TBS of waka in 2/3 cup liquid ( 2:1 water and coconut milk ). That did it. Chugged it down. 20 minutes later I was there. I mean here.

I drank beer for 45 years till I started drinking kava, beginning of 2017. By may I had lost all interest in beer. I din’t quit drinking, certainly didn’t try. I just stopped. Drinking fizzled, sputtered ou. Never missed it. Not when I got nambawan to look forward to. Kava is better than everything else. It also eliminated my symptoms of a lifelong inflammatory disorder, dropped my weight from obese to normal BMI in 8 months, and did a ton more. Amazing tonic, really. For me, anyway. Did a lovely number for my wife’s insomnia and mild anxiety. I’d give my right arm for that alone.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
HI guys

Nik
Everyone is a bit different. It took me all of 2-3 days using microgrind, and I am convinced it was not reverse tolerance but just under dosing. If I was you I would mix up a large batch and keep drinking it every 30min, on an empty stomach (at least 3-4hrs since last meal) until you get the feeling you are after.

What are you drinking, how are you prepping it and how far are you spacing your shells? There have been a lot of very light (not strong) kavas out there and if you need an alcohol replacement you need the more potent varieties. IMO too many people waste time and money on weaker root thinking it's just RT.
As you can see there is considerable variation.

I drank smallish quantities of kava daily for two months, feeling nothing except exquisite dreams that started after two weeks. Anyway, after 2 months I said right, sod this for a game of soldiers, i’ma git krunk. So I did. Each night I gradually increased the amount of grind. Then one day I blend ‘n strained 4 TBS of waka in 2/3 cup liquid ( 2:1 water and coconut milk ). That did it. Chugged it down. 20 minutes later I was there. I mean here.

I drank beer for 45 years till I started drinking kava, beginning of 2017. By may I had lost all interest in beer. I din’t quit drinking, certainly didn’t try. I just stopped. Drinking fizzled, sputtered ou. Never missed it. Not when I got nambawan to look forward to. Kava is better than everything else. It also eliminated my symptoms of a lifelong inflammatory disorder, dropped my weight from obese to normal BMI in 8 months, and did a ton more. Amazing tonic, really. For me, anyway. Did a lovely number for my wife’s insomnia and mild anxiety. I’d give my right arm for that alone.

This is so unbelievable helpful. I can't thank you enough for this response. I am going to persevere and then increase my dose. Should I stick to same strain or is there a real potent one I should go for?

Nik X

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
This is so unbelievable helpful. I can't thank you enough for this response. I am going to persevere and then increase my dose. Should I stick to same strain or is there a real potent one I should go for?

Nik X
Others will maintain the variety is essential, but I firmly believe that any kava which qualifies as at least acceptable, and there are very many, will accomplish what you want. I'm not saying they are wrong and I'm right, just that there is enough variation among individuals that we can all be right.

I would tend to advise riding out RT with the cheapest or at least cheaper varieties that are acceptable and adequate. Then when you break through splurge on the best.

Finally, cheap kava doesn't always mean bad kava. I've had some amazing bargains in the last year.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!

Nik X
What kava are you drinking and how are you prepping it? What effects are you expecting and what are you experiencing?

Others will maintain the variety is essential, but I firmly believe that any kava which qualifies as at least acceptable, and there are very many, will accomplish what you want. I'm not saying they are wrong and I'm right, just that there is enough variation among individuals that we can all be right.

I would tend to advise riding out RT with the cheapest or at least cheaper varieties that are acceptable and adequate. Then when you break through splurge on the best.

Finally, cheap kava doesn't always mean bad kava. I've had some amazing bargains in the last year.
Thanks Krunkie. It only bloody went and happened! Woohoo!!!

Everyone is a bit different. It took me all of 2-3 days using microgrind, and I am convinced it was not reverse tolerance but just under dosing. If I was you I would mix up a large batch and keep drinking it every 30min, on an empty stomach (at least 3-4hrs since last meal) until you get the feeling you are after.
Thanks so much Zaphod....it happened. I dosed higher! Can't thank you enough!

Poino Ono. I dosed over ...and it worked..thanks so much for your advice!