What's new

Kava Recipe Kava Shake Recipe

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You’ve probably never heard of kava, but throughout the South Pacific, this root is turned into a powder and used to make a simple drink. That drink is an acquired taste, so we’ve dressed it up with flavors more familiar to our American palates. Just be forewarned that drinking too much does carry side effects.
What to buy: Kava powder can be found online.
This recipe was featured as part of our Drinks Around the World story.
by Adela Jung
Instructions
  1. 1Place kava powder in the middle of an 8-by-8-inch piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter and tie tightly with butcher’s twine. Immerse in water and massage the cloth to thoroughly extract the fine powder, about 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze the excess water from the cloth and discard. (addition: This is just the standard kneading process which they describe. Feel free to use your own)
  2. 2Combine kava mixture, coconut milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and ice in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.

Borrowed from @bestfijikava.com facebook page.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Huh. I’d be interested to hear how this is, since I’ll never bother to make it or taste it. Lol

Give me root and water!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Huh. I’d be interested to hear how this is, since I’ll never bother to make it or taste it. Lol

Give me root and water!
lol, I actually thought that as I posted it. I know some are in search of that perfect kava recipe. Mine's the same as yours. Kava + Water

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I find it so funny that the recipe is written as if kava is just an ingredient for flavoring, and they say that drinking too much give you side effects. And following that link, they say the "side effects" are:

> For the next hour we had tingly mouths, light sensitivity, and a boost of energy similar to that experienced from taking guarana extract. I mean, I was so buzzing with energy it was like I had swallowed a beehive.

Sounds like they had a heady variety and got krunk on it without realizing that those aren't "side effects," they're desired!
::KavaChug::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Some people use kava for a light relaxation or a drink before bed time and there's nothing wrong with that. I believe the more mainstream kava becomes, the better :)
Amen. We believe the same thing. There are so many people out there who would benefit from kava over other things, and I definitely wish I had found kava sooner than I did.

Also, I'm one of the ones who drinks it before bed. I know, I'm weird :)

Kava makes sleeping for 6 hours feel like 8 hours to me.