What's new

Kava Stopped One of my Epic Panic Attacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWest86

Kava Curious
So I get two kinds of panic attacks every now and then. The first kind I call regular panic attacks. They're horrible, of course, but usually I can just get through them with some breathing exercises, mindfulness etc. The other kind is what I call Epic Panic Attacks. These are the ones that come out of nowhere, usually coming on within a matter of minutes. My heart rate rapidly hits the 150s and BP spikes like crazy. These epic panic attacks have seen me sent to the ER by ambulance twice due to extreme tachycardia. When I get an epic panic attack, valium at 10mg sometimes makes it bearable, though 20mg is usually needed to completely end it.

Well, yesterday I started to get an epic panic attack and I could tell I would end up in the ER pretty quickly. I went straight for a shell of Vanuatu kava. Within 3 minutes I was feeling calmer and by half an hour the panic attack was completely over! I simply can't believe it. I won't even bother with valium anymore. With a severe panic attack benzos take too long to kick in and don't do nearly as good a job as our beloved root .

rickyb7

Awesome! Great to hear! I can relate. I used to wake up with a brutal panic attack around 4am about 3X's a week. Was awful, I live alone, so no one to call, just had to deal with it. .... Then I doscovered Kava. Been using KWK, which is awesome, but a bit pricey. Tried AAA Vanuatu from BFK ( Best Fiji Kava ) , wow I am impressed! That stuff did the job, and i am chilled out!

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
That's good to hear! I can definitely relate to your experiences, I have gotten the regular panics and the Epic ones when I went to ER, scary stuff. Glad it worked for you! was it a strong shell? how many tbsp?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I get two kinds of panic attacks every now and then. The first kind I call regular panic attacks. They're horrible, of course, but usually I can just get through them with some breathing exercises, mindfulness etc. The other kind is what I call Epic Panic Attacks. These are the ones that come out of nowhere, usually coming on within a matter of minutes. My heart rate rapidly hits the 150s and BP spikes like crazy. These epic panic attacks have seen me sent to the ER by ambulance twice due to extreme tachycardia. When I get an epic panic attack, valium at 10mg sometimes makes it bearable, though 20mg is usually needed to completely end it.

Well, yesterday I started to get an epic panic attack and I could tell I would end up in the ER pretty quickly. I went straight for a shell of Vanuatu kava. Within 3 minutes I was feeling calmer and by half an hour the panic attack was completely over! I simply can't believe it. I won't even bother with valium anymore. With a severe panic attack benzos take too long to kick in and don't do nearly as good a job as our beloved root .
Wow. Just wow. When you see people with prescriptions for benzodiazepines put them down in favor of kava...now that's a powerful statement. Kava is a key to many doors we have even yet to find.

GoWest86

Kava Curious
That's good to hear! I can definitely relate to your experiences, I have gotten the regular panics and the Epic ones when I went to ER, scary stuff. Glad it worked for you! was it a strong shell? how many tbsp?
I simply filled my aluball to its max, so I'm guessing about 2.5 - 3 tbsp shaken for 2 minutes.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
That’s great. I have been able to avoid turning to a benzo for my panic attacks sometimes, which are milder than what you describe. I still rely on benzos more than I would like to, but kava is definitely helping a great deal.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
That's great! Now that you know it works so well and are trying to replace valium with it id recommend keeping a bottle of prepared kava in the fridge thats ready to go. Id also maybe consider some instant and/or micronized for out / on the go situations. I know people on benzos who wish they'd never started, it can get ugly, but when i introduce kava to them they'll only drink it once because of the bad taste and are put off. Therefore they never see its true potential, glad you have.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I tend to get kinda stressed on family vacations so I started taking kava on our trips (I have an Aluball) - kava keeps me totally stress free.
I have it in the morning instead of coffee and every day of vacation is perfect. I am able to keep my mind in that chill "no worries" place much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.