What's new

Kava Accessory Review Kava Strainer - Nylon Mesh Bag

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
(Mar 23, 2016) - Original review
I am not much for traditional prep, mostly because it's messy and regular bags, like muslin bags have a tendency to fall apart, be hard to clean and they smell bad after a few uses.
This mesh bag totally changed the way I feel about a traditional preparation.

First of all, it is really strong! I bet I could load it up with marbles and fling it around the air and it would be just fine (obviously I don't recommend trying this). When I was kneading the kava, I really went to town on it, I wanted to see if it would rip, not only did it not rip but I managed to do a single pass (no need to strain over and over like other bags) which left me with the smoothest brew I have ever seen using the traditional way.

Clean up: This was my favorite part actually, I turned it inside out, dumped out the root, any root stuck on the sides of the bag rinsed right off, effortless. To top it off, it was dry in 15 minutes! I am very satisfied with this mesh bag, I don't think I will have to worry about getting another one, anytime soon.
Update (Jul 21, 2016)
This is a follow up review for this mesh bag I got from Kavafied about 4 months ago. I still use it as my primary traditional mesh bag (Aside from the Aluball). I love this strainer bag, after daily use for the last four months or so, it is good as new. The only drawback is not really a drawback because all kava bags will eventually have the same problem. The smell of dried root (or really the starches) after constant use.
I really think this is the best mesh bag I have ever seen, I still go town on it and it has never let me down, good as day one. Worth every penny!

Reactions: EQ

EQ

Atman
I have the 50 Micron and love it. Shakas thinks this makes very weak Kava, but I must disagree. Every time I reach for my 200 micron for a stronger mix it is never better.
Orginally I thought it did, but with lots of experimenting I seem to get a better effect with this small holed bag. More clean, and the Krunk is great. Works for me I suppose.

The bag is amazing quality too. @KrunkyMonkey Your old review had me buy it awhile ago. I've had it last 2 months, and love it.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My looks like crap but still performing as day one, I have the 75 micron.

Reactions: EQ