What's new

Kava Supreme Stimulation?

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I know that I was concerned about over sedation but I tried Kavafied Kava Supreme and couldn't sleep for almost 48 hours. I made 3 TBS and took my time. I made another 3 TBS and didn't finish. It was VERY heady for me. I know we're all different but it being 'heavy' confused me.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I know that I was concerned about over sedation but I tried Kavafied Kava Supreme and couldn't sleep for almost 48 hours. I made 3 TBS and took my time. I made another 3 TBS and didn't finish. It was VERY heady for me. I know we're all different but it being 'heavy' confused me.
A small number of people appear to react that way to what would otherwise be a body-centric (heavy) kava. Have you had sedating effects to what should otherwise be considered a heady kava?

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Fascinating. The last batch of Kavafied Supreme I had (more than a year ago) was balanced, yet more towards the heavy side for me. But not every batch is the same, and everyone reacts a bit different to one and the same variety. Maybe this is a strain you have to dose carefully (although 3 tbs isn't much anyway).

Yogini

A small number of people appear to react that way to what would otherwise be a body-centric (heavy) kava. Have you had sedating effects to what should otherwise be considered a heady kava?
I generally have opposite reactions to anything that is supposed the be sedative even sedation for medical procedures. My Mom was like this as well. The 'heady' kava tends to be balanced and the balanced is almost imperceptible. It was interesting not having had a huge amount.

Yogini

Fascinating. The last batch of Kavafied Supreme I had (more than a year ago) was balanced, yet more towards the heavy side for me. But not every batch is the same, and everyone reacts a bit different to one and the same variety. Maybe this is a strain you have to dose carefully (although 3 tbs isn't much anyway).
I had it the evening before and didn't have that reaction but barely noticed it. I'm weird.. lol

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I generally have opposite reactions to anything that is supposed the be sedative even sedation for medical procedures. My Mom was like this as well. The 'heady' kava tends to be balanced and the balanced is almost imperceptible. It was interesting not having had a huge amount.
At least now you know what to expect when ordering..:)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I had it the evening before and didn't have that reaction but barely noticed it. I'm weird.. lol
Just a quick thought maybe and hopefully if you keep using this particular kava daily for a while your body and mind might acclimate to it so that it provides just the right balance of stimulation and relaxation and sedation that works well for you.

I think that sometimes acquainting yourself with a new herbal psychoactive and medicinal substance can take some trial and error and perseverance a bit like a bumper car bumping off the sides as it makes its way down the track to a more steady hold.

I was looking out for and very interested in your comments and experiences with this one by the way so thank you very much for sharing so honestly with us.

I have tried quite a few different very nice quality kavas myself since November so I will continue to watch your journey and impressions if I can and if I feel that I can make any useful recommendations for something that you may find a comfortable balance with I will certainly offer it your way but everyone else here knows a ton more about kava than I do basically.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Oh also @Yogini if you have not done already then maybe you could check out the carbonated kava drink thread in the kava Lounge because there is some interesting discussion and perspective on the topic you raised recently regarding female kava drinkers and the reasons why there are so many less etc.

The exact same topic gained some discussion in that thread there I think that's the thread anyway but I will make sure I've got that right if not and get back to you some point.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Also , @Yogini if not already- try a few diff preparations. Blender method will be a little Fuller and heavier I believe but also I wonder if it is more necessary for particular cultivars to get the real fullness and character out of them?

Yogini

Also , @Yogini if not already- try a few diff preparations. Blender method will be a little Fuller and heavier I believe but also I wonder if it is more necessary for particular cultivars to get the real fullness and character out of them?
I did blender and aluball on Thursday. The aluball was actually stronger. It's my pleasure to share. If I'm not honest then how can anyone really respond or get to know me a bit. I appreciate your perspectives so thank You.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
The recent batch of Kava Supreme doesn't seem to be anywhere near like how the older Kava Supreme felt... I don't know if I'd say it's heady, but it definitely doesn't hit me as heavy as it used to.

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
I get the same stimulating effects from supreme as well as Borongoru both of which are supposed to heavy and sedating. Instead, they keep me up at night and it takes about 5-6 hours to wear off completely. That being said, other kavas do not do this to me- Kava Lapita and KWK MeloMelo, and KWK Vula Waka. These will make me sleepy- it’s weird. I’ve tried to narrow it down looking at chemotypes but still can’t find a real pattern.

Yogini

I get the same stimulating effects from supreme as well as Borongoru both of which are supposed to heavy and sedating. Instead, they keep me up at night and it takes about 5-6 hours to wear off completely. That being said, other kavas do not do this to me- Kava Lapita and KWK MeloMelo, and KWK Vula Waka. These will make me sleepy- it’s weird. I’ve tried to narrow it down looking at chemotypes but still can’t find a real pattern.
I think it's body chemistry. Many things people find sedating, I have the opposite reaction to. Take benadryl. It knocks most people out and keeps me wide awake. I still like Supreme, I just drink it earlier.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Returning to this thread to say, supreme tonight has absolutely hit me in a heady and energizing way. Never experienced anything like it. New batch isn't bad, but definitely different than last time! That's something I've noticed with Supreme. The last several batches are always strong, but they will hit you in different ways each time. For consistency, I much prefer BKH products, they always seem quite the same. Supreme I've noticed has had different tastes from batch to batch as well which is a clear sign something is different. Still, supreme is always enjoyable.

Yogini

Returning to this thread to say, supreme tonight has absolutely hit me in a heady and energizing way. Never experienced anything like it. New batch isn't bad, but definitely different than last time! That's something I've noticed with Supreme. The last several batches are always strong, but they will hit you in different ways each time. For consistency, I much prefer BKH products, they always seem quite the same. Supreme I've noticed has had different tastes from batch to batch as well which is a clear sign something is different. Still, supreme is always enjoyable.
I'm trying to get something from BKH but they're always sold out. Looking forward to trying them.