What's new

Kava Poll kava taste!

Without factoring in effects, which kava flavor style to you prefer?

• Vanuatu (peppery?)

• Fijian

• Togan

• Tongan**

• Tongan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
For funsies! Which kava tastes the best to you without factoring in effects? I saw on another thread where @recentreturn prefers the flavor of Fijian strains (I do too!) and @AZcat prefers kava flavors from Vanuatu.

Ill put those two in to start and suggestions to add more are welcomed.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Tongan. Some out of the stratosphere good tasting root comes from there. Like Leka Hina from BKH, or Tongan Family Reserve from the kavaroots, or Kava Tonga from Kavafied. These are all amazing.

GreatScotty

Kava Curious
So far I like the Squanch waka the most, but Dua Na Bilo is a close second. I am not a big fan of the peppery flavor and I feel out of all the strains I have had, those two are the least peppery.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Tongan. Some out of the stratosphere good tasting root comes from there. Like Leka Hina from BKH, or Tongan Family Reserve from the kavaroots, or Kava Tonga from Kavafied. These are all amazing.
Added that one into the poll aw an option. Initially spelled it wrong and then couldn’t edit it, so I added it twice. :D

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Best flavor for me comes from lawena, pretty much any kind. Lateral roots have a harsher taste.

For full spectrum mixes that contain both stump chips and lateral roots, it's hard to beat the milder tasting Hawaiian cultivars: Honokane Iki, Nene, even Mahakea. So if I had to pick one country it would have to be Hawaiian.

Long ago, I had some mixed stump/lateral Silese where the lateral roots were fully peeled. Nice creamy grog without too much pepper. Silese is a cousin to borogu, from Malekula. It surely shows up in blends all the time. I think the main thing that made the flavor distinct was that it had been peeled.

The best tasting 100% wakas seem to come from Fiji, though to be honest it's hard to find 100% laterals from other countries.