What's new

Kava then workout at gym, anyone?

redstar

Kava, Kava
I couldnt find anything on the forums about this. I tend to workout 5 days a week. I plan to take kava when I wake up, does anyone have any experience using kava then weight lifting?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Kava = post workout IMO. It's a diuretic so whatever you do, make sure to stay well hydrated.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
do it the other way around. kava hates physical activity, it makes your muscles weak. and there's some possible kidney danger when drinking kava and then sweating & exhausting you body...heightened of course, with frequent heavy drinking. I'm sure a little nip wouldnt be too bad though.

redstar

Kava, Kava
Okay, thanks for the tips guys.What about on days i have work? "when i find a job"

I plan on taking GHK micro kava right when i wake up before work, probably around 7-8am. then I would like to go to the gym around 6-7pm. Will that be long enough time to not get any of those negative effects. or does the final come down of kava cause you to feel tired like most "drugs" do.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I think drinking kava and then going to the gym would just have me in the changing room looking at myself thinking, "Damn, I look good. I don't need this!" and then just driving back home and listening to chillout music and posting on kavaforums. Unless it was Nene, and then I'd just lie down on my yoga mat and curl up and smile during the class.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Kavadude is right about sweating excessively while on a diuretic. Not a good combination. One of the negative news articles re: kava revolved around a young man that chose to bike ride excessively after allegedly drinking kava and consequently ended up hospitalized. Although no one is certain as to whether he may have taken any other substance which may have led to his collapse, the bottom line is that kava consumption may very well have its proper 'time and place' in our lives... - meaning: sweating excessively while on it might not be the best match.

taking a leisurely walk around your block, enjoying the colors and listening to the sounds of birds and squirrels could very well prove to be a much better experience, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Okay, thanks for the tips guys.What about on days i have work? "when i find a job"

I plan on taking GHK micro kava right when i wake up before work, probably around 7-8am. then I would like to go to the gym around 6-7pm. Will that be long enough time to not get any of those negative effects. or does the final come down of kava cause you to feel tired like most "drugs" do.
My experience with kava usually lasts around 3-4 hours. After that, I'm either drinking more kava or off to something else. So I would think a time span of 11 to 12 hours would be plenty (IMO).

redstar

Kava, Kava
@Steve Mariotti hahaha that was great, made me laugh.
@Rookietwoshoes thanks for the info on that, luckily when I go to the gym i rarely sweat, my shirt barely even gets wet. Unfortunately, throw in into a stressful situation and BAM! sweat pours out so quick it looks like i just got out the shower and didnt use a towel.. DAMN YOU BRAIN!!!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I workout, ride, bike, or do some sort of physical activity everyday and given the fact I've lost my balance upon occasion simply walking about on kava, I can't fathom doing some of these things on kava, especially horse riding, steeplechasing lol; I like my neck the way it is.
If one had a bit of kava upon waking, which I also can't quite seeing myself doing, I think kavadude's suggestion is a sane & sound one. Regarding workouts, I'm of the same mindset as Crunked; nice to look forward to kava after finishing.
I am also fond of Rooks musings upon strolling through gently tended gardens among the dewy peonies & impatiens, whilst nursing a shell of kava, hand in hand with the one you love.

Last edited: