What's new

Kava Time Savusavu

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythagoras51213

Kava Curious
My wife and I have been researching this one the last two nights and have come to the conclusion that this is one of our mutually favorite kavas of all time.

Appearance: White, fresh and light once the brick is crumbled. The grog was a beautiful cream color which only adds to the pleasantness of the entire experience.

Taste: I have always admired the Kavasseur's delight in the taste of kava, but haven't ever *loved* it like he seems to. Well that's all changed with this one. For me there is a smooth *roasted* nut taste that really shows itself on the finish. There is only a slight hint of kava bite. I've never really tasted any kava quite like this! My wife has a "kava face" that was less pronounced with shells of this milk grog. It was very easy to down 3 shells each and then have dinner just 20 minutes later. She commented that "It is better tasting than most other kavas we've tried and doesn't mess with my stomach at all." I said it before in a different thread and I'll say it again. Yum.

Effects: Balanced, easy and silky. Not too heady which is good for me because some kavas like Moi can buzz my head to much. I really just felt amazingly content and my body felt relaxed. When I saw the Kavasseaur's review he seemed wildly krunked by it and frankly I was kind of wanting to get to where he was, but I think I'd need to consume a bit more a bit faster. It's good to have goals, right? I'll work on it. But where it left me was relaxed, clear and happy and what else can a person ask for? I was still sharp enough to free jam on my bass with ease and then after a few more shells even kick some ass at Overwatch (video game)! It's been a good weekend.

I ordered more and look very forward to other Kava Time kavas in the future.

Last edited:

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Did you Aluball or traditional prep? My first two batches were Aluballed and as you can tell by my review, I kinda liked it! A lot. so today I had planned to do traditional prep ready for a couple of shells of late Sunday afternoon kavatime. But real life got in the way and I ended up Aluballing. Yikes, I was flummoxed and bamboozled and all sorts of confused. AFter several minutes of vigorous shaking the liquid still looked like colored water, very pale - like a very weak Nene. There was barely any sediment. I drank it anyway and got nothing, diddly squat, not even a little mouth numbness. Shot off a quick message to @kavatime and while waiting for a response I checked the powder in the aluball. It was very wet and gooey, clumped together. Not what usually happens. While doing this, got a great response from @kavatime - awesomely speedy, thanks guys! Said the same thing. Must be the Aluball. I used a different one to the one I previously used. This was a new one that came in the Labor Day special pack. Has anyone else found this problem?

So anyway, after all that I needed a good kava. Delayed my planned dinner time and mixed up a traditional batch of Savusavu (two days worth for me, actually). And Holy Tanoa! Is it possible it could be even better? Heck yea! One shell and I'm feeling pretty awesome.

So Bula to @kavatime for their quick response - great service!

Now to find out what went wrong with my Aluball!

pythagoras51213

Kava Curious
Did you Aluball or traditional prep? My first two batches were Aluballed and as you can tell by my review, I kinda liked it! A lot. so today I had planned to do traditional prep ready for a couple of shells of late Sunday afternoon kavatime. But real life got in the way and I ended up Aluballing. Yikes, I was flummoxed and bamboozled and all sorts of confused. AFter several minutes of vigorous shaking the liquid still looked like colored water, very pale - like a very weak Nene. There was barely any sediment. I drank it anyway and got nothing, diddly squat, not even a little mouth numbness. Shot off a quick message to @kavatime and while waiting for a response I checked the powder in the aluball. It was very wet and gooey, clumped together. Not what usually happens. While doing this, got a great response from @kavatime - awesomely speedy, thanks guys! Said the same thing. Must be the Aluball. I used a different one to the one I previously used. This was a new one that came in the Labor Day special pack. Has anyone else found this problem?

So anyway, after all that I needed a good kava. Delayed my planned dinner time and mixed up a traditional batch of Savusavu (two days worth for me, actually). And Holy Tanoa! Is it possible it could be even better? Heck yea! One shell and I'm feeling pretty awesome.

So Bula to @kavatime for their quick response - great service!

Now to find out what went wrong with my Aluball!
I used the Aluball with 2 balls. Didn't know they could get clogged like that, but I'm wondering if a vinegar soak might clean it up? I'll have to check on that to make sure mine on clogged! Last night I did a traditional prep and it was way stronger than the Aluball prep. Wayyyy stronger. So it was a little more bitter, but I could still find the roasted but flavor in there. I also easily found the krunkedness that I was seeking. I'm with ya, it's really lovely stuff!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Had some good responses to my Aluball problem. I still think it's that particular Aluball because the other two batches were just fine
And yea traditional prep really amps up the volume on this kava. It was pretty awesome after just one shell. Sadly however I didn't sleep. Probably because I had my shells a few hours later than I normally do!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
My wife and I have been researching this one the last two nights and have come to the conclusion that this is one of our mutually favorite kavas of all time.

Appearance: White, fresh and light once the brick is crumbled. The grog was a beautiful cream color which only adds to the pleasantness of the entire experience.

Taste: I have always admired the Kavasseur's delight in the taste of kava, but haven't ever *loved* it like he seems to. Well that's all changed with this one. For me there is a smooth *roasted* nut taste that really shows itself on the finish. There is only a slight hint of kava bite. I've never really tasted any kava quite like this! My wife has a "kava face" that was less pronounced with shells of this milk grog. It was very easy to down 3 shells each and then have dinner just 20 minutes later. She commented that "It is better tasting than most other kavas we've tried and doesn't mess with my stomach at all." I said it before in a different thread and I'll say it again. Yum.

Effects: Balanced, easy and silky. Not too heady which is good for me because some kavas like Moi can buzz my head to much. I really just felt amazingly content and my body felt relaxed. When I saw the Kavasseaur's review he seemed wildly krunked by it and frankly I was kind of wanting to get to where he was, but I think I'd need to consume a bit more a bit faster. It's good to have goals, right? I'll work on it. But where it left me was relaxed, clear and happy and what else can a person ask for? I was still sharp enough to free jam on my bass with ease and then after a few more shells even kick some ass at Overwatch (video game)! It's been a good weekend.

I ordered more and look very forward to other Kava Time kavas in the future.
Yep, it's delicious!

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
We should be back in stock in another 2 weeks time with a bigger range of Fijian kavas. Sorry for the delay :(

Status
Not open for further replies.