What's new

Kava to Combat Terrorism?

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with those whose lives are forever changed by the senseless violence that occurred during the Boston Marathon earlier today.

This got me to thinking, however...  As many have pointed out on these boards in the past, there is a sense of tranquility and peace brought about by a couple of shells.  For me, the last thing that comes to mind after drinking kava is how I can make a political point through the use of violence.  I don't sit around, drinking shells, devising plots to detonate explosives amongst a crowd of people or schemes to shoot up a school or shopping mall.  Doing so almost seems antithetical to what kava does, what it means, and what it stands for.

The government could use drones to surgically drop borogu into places like Tora Bora.  Perhaps it would do terrorists some good to put their efforts into overcoming reverse tolerance, rather than beheading civilians; using their blenders for making grog, rather than for mixing explosive compounds; and chanting "Bula," rather than "Allahu Akbar."

They say you can't put a price on peace...  I say it's about $30 - $60 per kilo.  Bula!

krunkedout

Kava Lover
The thing about kava, though, is that it seems to have the good aspect of other drugs without the negative. For example, i have heard people say, "if everyone in the world smoke a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least 2 hours." however, I think the more logical thing would play out like this.... Meanwhile in north Korea: "man... I am so high right now.." "yeah man me too" "what?" nothing hehehehehe" " holy shit!" "what! What?!" "the Americans are coming! I can feel it! Quick! We need to launch one of our nukes!" "Kim, just calm down, your just getting paranoid, just breathe" "I can't feel my lungs!"

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
It's not just the kava itself. It's the mindset that goes along with it that also makes that difference. Religious and political extremest don't have the kind of mindset that would be receptive to kava and it's message.

I wish it were as simple as air dropping kava into the world's trouble spots. If it were that easy I'd be the first to strap up and hang out the back end of a C-17 to push that kava out the doors.

kl.Lente

Kava Curious
Vekta said:
It's not just the kava itself. It's the mindset that goes along with it that also makes that difference. Religious and political extremest don't have the kind of mindset that would be receptive to kava and it's message.

I wish it were as simple as air dropping kava into the world's trouble spots. If it were that easy I'd be the first to strap up and hang out the back end of a C-17 to push that kava out the doors.
Genius.

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
the Kahunas believed you can 'send' your 'Awa vibes to others when you drink. So CLAP CLAP CLAP let's all get TO it!