What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kava TONGA

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Was pleasantly suprised to get some Kavafied roots on Saturday, when the post office tracking predicted a Monday delivery. Obviously this called for a celebration.

Kavafied's Tongan is the first Tongan I've had in quite a few years, and even then I only had fu'u. Sorry y'all, I can't compare to the legendary pouni ono 'cause I've never had it!

Kavafied Tongan is light and creamy. Very fine grind with occasional darker bits. Looking at the powder and the mix, it resembles Fijian lewena. The smell is way more peppery than a lewena. Effects are strong with fast onset. I mixed my first couple shells THICK and the happy uplift hit right away. Now, 30-40 minutes and 600 mL of strong kava later there is a nice mellow setting in. Absolutely no nausea. No anxiety. Little bit of ear ringing. Not feeling numb or couchlocked at all, just feeling nice.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Got a second plastic in the fridge for later that im gonna dilute with some ice or cold water...try to drink it Tongan thickenss and stretch the good feelings. For now though, I gotta go put the chickens to bed.

Edit: alight, two hours or so and 16 tablespoons, it crept up on me. Ate a couple pieces of fruit and I'm in pirate mode. It's my fault, not the kava. This kava has more to it than a purely heady cultivar like moʻi. Still no nausea. Feeling aversion to light. Gonna have a PB&J and flop in a comfy chair for a bit with a big glass of ice water. Should be decent again shortly.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Matt's Eua root is monster good. I mean up there with the very best. Smells and tastes exactly like the RoH 70% CO2 extract, though effects are different, but comparable, and of course much longer lasting, deeper and complex. Very euphoric, very strong, very balanced mellow follow-through. 5 bowls out of 5, for sure.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
If I could edit this review, I'd say it's not as peppery. Since my initial celebratory batch I've mixed Tongan Reserve at normal strength, and it's quite mild tasting.

Effects are still outstanding. Great heady kava with some subtle krunkness that builds up over a session.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Howe does it cimpart to other tongans?
Some Tongans are stronger than others, much stronger. Kava Tonga Eua and TFR are in that boat, about the same strength, which gives, as kastom_lif says, "heady kava with some subtle krunkness that builds up over a session" although for me it is not so much subtle, as it is too strong for that, but rather, exquisite. It's much more special than plain old krunkiness, IMO. And there's follow through for me, the sleep is a bit better than regular kava sleep, the dreams a bit better than regular kava dreams.