What's new

Kava well-suited for digestion?

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Hey guys,
Random question. So, on an apparent level, Kava is definitely suited for some crucial level of digestion, or else we would get no effects from it. But I also ponder if on another level, it doesn't quite digest fully, but rather sits in your stomach a while - which may account for the abdominal discomfort many of us get. Also, we know eating a warm fatty meal increases the effects almost 4-fold. I wonder if that partially has to do with the sitting kava particulates getting pushed through by the warm fatty foods, as if it is just sitting there, half of it not being received by the stomach. Also, if I start to over-indulge in Kava [don't do this] I find that my stomach almost stops absorbing it, or absorbing little of it - though, this may just be a personal biological occurrence.

Anyone suspect Kava on some level is not readily digested by the stomach, or at least some constitutes of the kava have a difficult time being broken down by the stomach?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think you're right, something like this is true and worse for some people more than others...it must be a gene for inflammatory bowel disease or something like that.
It happens to me and I refer to it as 'the kava bubble'....a lot of the time(for me), it feels like all the kava I drink sits in my belly and digests slowly, causing stomach discomfort and a slow titrated absorption of the root material/kavalactones. It makes for weaker and slower overall effect, but sometimes you can 'pop the bubble' when you eat the right food and it suddenly kicks in all at once...or at least as good as a 'normal' experience would go.
::chugger::