What's new

Kava while having gastritis?

T

TomTom2

I do know non noble kava can even cause gastritis, because I got once gastritis from it. I do have mild chronic gastritis and want to use kava. I bought some instant kava, is this ok while having gastritis? I thought I can may use it sublingual?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I do know non noble kava can even cause gastritis, because I got once gastritis from it. I do have mild chronic gastritis and want to use kava. I bought some instant kava, is this ok while having gastritis? I thought I can may use it sublingual?
That is a huge leap, Gastritis is a general term for inflammation of the lining of the stomach, I find it difficult to understand how you arrived at the conclusion it was the kava whilst also admitting you have mild gastritis. It is treatable with antibiotics and not entirely uncommon, I am NOT a doctor but can relate.

Avoid non noble kavas period! It is inferior to Noble kavas and there is a far greater abundance of noble kavas to chose from, it's pretty straight forward
I thought I can may use it sublingual?
It can't, traditional preparation will yield the desired effects. My recommendation is take the meds for the inflammation first and revisit kava later, especially since you are hesitant.