What's new

Kavafied - Buying from Amazon for EU delivery

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I hope it's okay that I place this thread here so more people from Europe see it, instead of the Kavafied forum.

I'v been curious about trying the brand Kavafied after hearing good stuff about it. They don't deliver to Europe and I know that there are services to use as a middle hand. But I found out that they sell the traditional grind on Amazon and they ship to Europe (At least to Sweden). I'm wondering if anyone have experience buying Kavafied from Amazon? If I'm not wrong, it's actually Kavafied themselves that sells the traditional grind on Amazon. The price of 60$/50€ for 8oz including shipping and import fees is not that bad either.

Thanks for reading this, have a good evening/day! ::KavaChug::

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I hope it's okay that I place this thread here so more people from Europe see it, instead of the Kavafied forum.

I'v been curious about trying the brand Kavafied after hearing good stuff about it. They don't deliver to Europe and I know that there are services to use as a middle hand. But I found out that they sell the traditional grind on Amazon and they ship to Europe (At least to Sweden). I'm wondering if anyone have experience buying Kavafied from Amazon? If I'm not wrong, it's actually Kavafied themselves that sells the traditional grind on Amazon. The price of 60$/50€ for 8oz including shipping and import fees is not that bad either.

Thanks for reading this, have a good evening/day! ::KavaChug::
I bought an 8 OZ pouch of their Kava from Amazon.com to UK.

EU or non EU, I would say that Amazon.com Kava purchases are about the most ensured and safest bet you can get.

Basically, customs fees to UK are already included with the Amazon shipping.

You get tracking, delivery is almost just days, your parcel is pretty much 100% guaranteed to reach you and you are fully covered any which way.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I bought an 8 OZ pouch of their Kava from Amazon.com to UK.

EU or non EU, I would say that Amazon.com Kava purchases are about the most ensured and safest bet you can get.

Basically, customs fees to UK are already included with the Amazon shipping.

You get tracking, delivery is almost just days, your parcel is pretty much 100% guaranteed to reach you and you are fully covered any which way.
Wow, that sounds like a good choice for me on the consumer end. Thanks for the answer! The custom fees seem to be included when shipping to Sweden too.
I'm a bit skeptical against Amazon because how they treat their workers, but I also don't really buy into that we as consumers really can change that.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Wow, that sounds like a good choice for me on the consumer end. Thanks for the answer! The custom fees seem to be included when shipping to Sweden too.
I'm a bit skeptical against Amazon because how they treat their workers, but I also don't really buy into that we as consumers really can change that.
You also have Kavaeurope , and Kamlwithkava.pl I think, it's the European branch.

Additionally, if you have any sick pets, a member and real nice guy here called Edward may be able to help you. You could contact him with a message.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
You also have Kavaeurope , and Kamlwithkava.pl I think, it's the European branch.

Additionally, if you have any sick pets, a member and real nice guy here called Edward may be able to help you. You could contact him with a message.
Thanks for the tip!
I've tried the European shops but I did not really like what I got for that amount of money. Edward is the top of my list if I wanna buy within EU, but I guess with brexit it will be harder. I have not had any problems buying kava from the US or NZ, but the shipping takes some weeks now... I have three orders from different vendors outside of Europe that I am waiting to receive. I find it joyful to try different kinds of brand, too see what variety suits me best.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip!
I've tried the European shops but I did not really like what I got for that amount of money. Edward is the top of my list if I wanna buy within EU, but I guess with brexit it will be harder. I have not had any problems buying kava from the US or NZ, but the shipping takes some weeks now... I have three orders from different vendors outside of Europe that I am waiting to receive. I find it joyful to try different kinds of brand, too see what variety suits me best.
Hello, well I feel in this respect that you are speaking of here, we are of like, if not identical minds. Your words sum up my own thoughts, feelings and experiences, plus incentives, to a tee (means spot on exact, depending how familiar you are with the English Language.)

I kinda wish I had not gotten my pet such a good stock up of a variety of quality medicines, or I would be consulting that cool man Edward fir some more quality pet medicine.

He is always such an ease and pleasure to engage with, and I believe he sources the highest quality of pet supplements fair play.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Also Namaknal@Home are a very good option, certainly for me here in UK .

Bestfijikava.com also very good prices. I ordered 3 pounds, with shipping it was just under £50 per pound. The Grade A Waka is very potent, pretty heavy too.

Both those guys offer top service as well.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast

Bestfijikava.com also very good prices. I ordered 3 pounds, with shipping it was just under £50 per pound. The Grade A Waka is very potent, pretty heavy too.

Thanks! Will check those out!

Regarding shipping use Fedex or DHL they are a lot faster than the postalservice.
I have learned the hard way to not use USPS anymore, even if it's cheaper. So next order will be with Fedex or DHL. Thanks for the info!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Regarding shipping use Fedex or DHL they are a lot faster than the postalservice.
Fedex Express is a 2 or 3 day service usually but they are wise to kava so it's just a chance you take if they check the contents too closely. It is a bit more expensive and you can sometimes get charged an import fee but if you can get the value declared a bit lower and the contents declared as something else then it is a good option to try.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Fedex Express is a 2 or 3 day service usually but they are wise to kava so it's just a chance you take if they check the contents too closely. It is a bit more expensive and you can sometimes get charged an import fee but if you can get the value declared a bit lower and the contents declared as something else then it is a good option to try.
I've never used Fedex as delivery option, but they can confiscate the kava if they check? My two orders from the US I placed some time ago, took two weeks with USPS before it even exited the country. I hope my order from Kava Society NZ will move quicker. Last time I placed an order it took over four weeks tho, but that was in the begining of the pandemic.

Do you know if there are any custom checks before it enter the country of delivery? I bet you got a ton of experience regarding getting shipments of Kava.
I've seen that my package went trough customs in the US, but there was no issues. But I am a bit worried if my package wold get sized in a country of passage before it reach me. Last time my package from KWK US got checked by customs in the UK, before it was sent to Sweden where customs also checked it. The customs here only left a note that they had checked the package. They also sent me a bill of 0.5 euro for the shipment that I paid around 150 euro for. That low sum made me really surprised.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast

Nakamala is actually one of the vendors I have a shipment from that I'm waiting for! I'm excited to try out the Stone kava that everyone is talking about. There is also some Wow and Black sand kava it the package. The other package is some Vanuatu kava from Real kava. Placed the orders two weeks ago so I would be happy if they reach me the coming week. Some days ago I placed an order with Kava society as well, because I heard that their latest batch of Kelai is really good. That will also be my first try of a strong heady Kava. I've been exploring heavy and balanced kava the most, because I tend to like the heavy feelings. But it will be interesting to see how a heady one feels!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I've never used Fedex as delivery option, but they can confiscate the kava if they check? My two orders from the US I placed some time ago, took two weeks with USPS before it even exited the country. I hope my order from Kava Society NZ will move quicker. Last time I placed an order it took over four weeks tho, but that was in the begining of the pandemic.

Do you know if there are any custom checks before it enter the country of delivery? I bet you got a ton of experience regarding getting shipments of Kava.
I've seen that my package went trough customs in the US, but there was no issues. But I am a bit worried if my package wold get sized in a country of passage before it reach me. Last time my package from KWK US got checked by customs in the UK, before it was sent to Sweden where customs also checked it. The customs here only left a note that they had checked the package. They also sent me a bill of 0.5 euro for the shipment that I paid around 150 euro for. That low sum made me really surprised.
KWK does declare a low value on their shipment. That means you pay a lower importfee.

What makes you believe that UK customs have checked your kava?`

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I have order 2 times from Kwk both using FEDEX 1 time it was inspected and opened by customs. It delayed the shipment. Second time nothing happen.

Both times i got an invoice regarding importfee

/Michael

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
KWK does declare a low value on their shipment. That means you pay a lower importfee.

What makes you believe that UK customs have checked your kava?`
It was stated on the tracking-number that i received for the USPS-shipment. I got an updated that it was held in custom and some hours later about "Custom clearance".

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Nakamala is actually one of the vendors I have a shipment from that I'm waiting for! I'm excited to try out the Stone kava that everyone is talking about. There is also some Wow and Black sand kava it the package. The other package is some Vanuatu kava from Real kava. Placed the orders two weeks ago so I would be happy if they reach me the coming week. Some days ago I placed an order with Kava society as well, because I heard that their latest batch of Kelai is really good. That will also be my first try of a strong heady Kava. I've been exploring heavy and balanced kava the most, because I tend to like the heavy feelings. But it will be interesting to see how a heady one feels!
Haha, again I feel a real similarity between us in our ways of exploring, viewing and experiencing kava.

I don't like sedation, unless I am ready to go to sleep, which I never am when or shortly after I drink my kava. I only eat once per day due to severe allergy and infection complications, so all my Kava drinking is before any food.

I have tried Stone but not my "cuppa" as we say here in England.

The WoW, on other hand, I have come to love. It is my current goto for immediate and powerful anxiety and stress relief and mood uplift.

WoW is heavy, but not overly sedating and has a nice euphoria to it.

The current batch of kelai is alledgedly arpund 8 or 9% kavalactones, a few months back one batch tested at 12%, as Henry explained in another thread last few days.

But he basically says he feels no actual noticeable difference, past a certain level of potency, and 8% upwards is high potency from my observations so far.

I also have Kelai en route. I love it. I hope you will too.

My recent N@H order was about 2 weeks or just over, but was over 5 weeks before in lockdown.

But like I say, Amazon.com is incredibly fast delivery.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast

On KSNZ ship time- earlier this year I was receiving all my orders in about 6 days, NZ to my UK doorstep, dropped off no quibbles or delay.

During lockdown, an order did not even leave Nrw Zealand for 2 weeks.

Now it is about 2 weeks to UK. So a bit of a yo yo currently, but surely will steadily return to more normal transit times.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Haha, again I feel a real similarity between us in our ways of exploring, viewing and experiencing kava.

I don't like sedation, unless I am ready to go to sleep, which I never am when or shortly after I drink my kava. I only eat once per day due to severe allergy and infection complications, so all my Kava drinking is before any food.

I have tried Stone but not my "cuppa" as we say here in England.

The WoW, on other hand, I have come to love. It is my current goto for immediate and powerful anxiety and stress relief and mood uplift.

WoW is heavy, but not overly sedating and has a nice euphoria to it.

The current batch of kelai is alledgedly arpund 8 or 9% kavalactones, a few months back one batch tested at 12%, as Henry explained in another thread last few days.

But he basically says he feels no actual noticeable difference, past a certain level of potency, and 8% upwards is high potency from my observations so far.

I also have Kelai en route. I love it. I hope you will too.

My recent N@H order was about 2 weeks or just over, but was over 5 weeks before in lockdown.

But like I say, Amazon.com is incredibly fast delivery.
I find it interesting finding those similarities in other people on the internet!

I've started to feel like drinking kava that's mostly sedating, is maybe not what I am looking for in the end. I do love to fall asleep after I've been drinking kava, because I have some insomnia issues. But I wanna explore effects that suits me before it's time to sleep.

Must have missed the testing from the latest batch of Kelai, hopefully I will be satisfied anyways (I'm sure of that). Thanks for sharing!

Do you know any other brands that is worth a try on Amazon? There is a lot of brands I have not seen on this forum and my guess is to stay away from those.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

I have had kava stopped that was coming through fedex but that's the UK and it was a large amount. I don't think it gets checked before it leaves the US. When I flew back from Florida with 4 or 5 kilos of kava in my suitcase there was a note inside when I got home saying that US customs had checked my luggage. Probably because they say big blocks of vacuum packed powder! But they didn't stop it.