What's new

Kavafied - Buying from Amazon for EU delivery

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
The usual explanation.
The customs itself has no authority to decide. In case they have a suspect that the item could be illegal for import, they contact the local health authority. In this case it is "Gesundheitsamt" in Cologne, because the package arrived at airport Cologne. The legal situation in Germany is clear - Kava is not importable. So there is no need to wait for their decision. Once the Kava is seized by Customs, it is lost.
Ok it something about that they define it as medicine.. I would buy that if it was extracts or capsules...

Anyhow it sucks :-(

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I doesn't matter if it is sold as medicine, nutritional supplements or not for human consumption. In Germany it only matters what the authorities think it could be used for...

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I doesn't matter if it is sold as medicine, nutritional supplements or not for human consumption. In Germany it only matters what the authorities think it could be used for...
I assume that you will get a refund.
then try to reorder it and hope for better luck next time.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Or...contact Edward here. He may be able to help you directly, or at the least nobody on this forum could likely give you better, more up to date and useful information on this.

If there is some of use to give of course.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered Kavafied from Amazon for delivery to Germany, because the Amazon shop stated that this would be possible.
Just got a phone call from UPS Germay. The German Customs denies the import. The package will either be destroyed or send back to the sender. The last case requires the sender to agree. I hope the Amazon support will cooperate.
Amazon, of all companies out there to be fair, do stick by their word and cover/reimburse you where you have grounds.

I would say you have grounds for sure.

Stephanie12

Herbalist
I ordered Kavafied from Amazon for delivery to Germany, because the Amazon shop stated that this would be possible.
Just got a phone call from UPS Germay. The German Customs denies the import. The package will either be destroyed or send back to the sender. The last case requires the sender to agree. I hope the Amazon support will cooperate.
I was also going to order from Amazon. Like others have stated, it says that it is available for me to buy(many very simple like things like books aren't!). They allow me to pay them to deal with Customs, and I can put it in my basket, but then just before I pay, they refuse me because of location. Nice meeting everyone on here. I guess I will try Blue Lotus instead.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I was also going to order from Amazon. Like others have stated, it says that it is available for me to buy(many very simple like things like books aren't!). They allow me to pay them to deal with Customs, and I can put it in my basket, but then just before I pay, they refuse me because of location. Nice meeting everyone on here. I guess I will try Blue Lotus instead.
Amazon is not the only place you canna quire kava? Can I ask why you feel there is no other avenue? I only once bought an 8 OZ packet from amazon, vs many kilos all around eslewhere.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
The advantage with Amazon is their shipping. Its fast. But there are many respected companies who ships to Europe. Those companies has been mentioned.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
The advantage with Amazon is their shipping. Its fast. But there are many respected companies who ships to Europe. Those companies has been mentioned.
Indeed, mega quick shipping, customs included at checkout, no extra postal hadling fee.

But such a limited range and so many products to be dubious of.

To abstain from using kava because Amazon is not an option just strikes me as a little undriven, peculiar and adsurd?

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Edit: Excuse, I was too lazy to read the whole thread.... answers are already there...

Time for a new delivery service: Submarine Boat :LOL:.... the morning after kava night... lol

Last edited: