What's new

Kavalactone 84% Paste

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I just orderd the 84% kavalactone paste from Kona Kava, thinking this would be the strongest stuff I could get my hands on, till I found kavasseur and sadly read the reviews about Kona Kava being fairly week compared to some others. :(
did I just waste my money? after reading I think all the reviews on kavasseur I ordered a 6$ pack of the instant Shaman Kava from Nakamel@home to try.

Any one else tried this 84% paste?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Nope, Ive never tried it. I wouldn't despair about your purchase until you've tried it. Shaman is definitely a good backup plan, though. One thing is certain - you will get your nakamal at home order first!

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I just got the paste today, its 1/2 oz. of a rancid smelling paste, dose is 2 pea sized lumps per serving ... I'll let you know the effects when I try it (if any)

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I have yet to get any significant effects other than a slightly numb mouth for a few mins. on this stuff.. very disappointing for its price, 27$ for half oz. :mad: Ill keep upping the dose and playing around with it though, hopefully I'll get at least some anxiety relief.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
hmm I am wondering if I should just buy the cheapest Kava I can find for the first little while to get the reverse tolerance thing going then get the good stuff?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
that sounds about right.

I read a thread were they think taking kava caps for a week or two would do that, but no one has tried it yet.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
Kava caps? as in like, that crappy GNC style kava pill or similar? I did something, well Kinda disgusting lol, but it seems to help, I took a chunk of the Kava paste, stuck it in my mouth chewed it and swished it around with a load of Saliva to liquefy it, then spat it into a cup and added some sprite stirred and drank ( I love the numbness that you get doing this, others may be turned off by the idea of spit tho. :D) , After Consuming about half of the 1/2 oz. Paste and 5grams of Shaman Kava I got a nice, Relaxed feeling quite nice in fact, I would like to finish the other 5 grams of the Shaman Kava but im going to save it and the rest of the past for get together for my wife's work to help with my shyness/anxiety.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
yea, caps as in the gnc/healthfood store kind. Hmm, your method is almost like the way they use to do it, instead they had virgins doing the chewing and spitting. Unfortunately instant and paste kava isn't very cost effective.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
yea, For Christmas I told my wife I want 2 Coconut Cups, 2 strainer bags, Soy Lecithin, and a pound of Kava (which kind I have yet to decide on.) I want something that lasts a nice long time, The Paste only lasts an hour or so.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I am now thinking that this deserves some credit, as I have just drank 20grams (2 10g sample packets) of Shaman instant Kava , while after the 3rd cup (1 measuring cup) I started to feel quite nice, the muscle relaxation was not as profound as 5g (maybe it was 10g) of Shaman and some of the paste. Also not quite as calming/relaxing Shaman alone is more of a "heavy feeling" for me, like well perhaps im stone :D but its not as mood altering and not as "just got a massage" feeling to it. Perhaps its just a difference in the shaman kava. but I am starting to think the paste had a role in making the previous experience more likable for me.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Very well could be. Hawaiian Kavas are superb, and if they process the paste right it should be pretty nice. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it yet.

kl.jonwatkins

Kava Curious
the paste is nice , i got the 84% full spectrum though, but you need to take alot to get the desired effects,i took 3 x the recommend dose.And ive been having liver pain ever since,its been like a week now.It seems like im gonna have to stop doing kava completely

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I assume extracts are worse for the liver, jonwatkins, if possible could you get your blooded tested specifically for liver functions and post your results here?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I highly doubt the kava paste hurt your liver. But if so, that doesn't bode well for Kona Kava. That would mean they are not processing the plant appropriately.

kl.jonwatkins

Kava Curious
actually id love to get tested for liver functions ,it would be a good idea,but does anyone know how they do these procedures ?Is it invasive ? are they gonna stick a needle in my liver or something ?

Also,the pain could have been caused by the fact that i took so many sleeping pills at that time,was having big difficulties adjusting to a new schedule

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Just a blood test, urine test or a sonogram-type thing. Blood tests can show liver enzymes, etc. I had malaria once and had to have all that done.

If you are taking sleeping pills while taking kava, that probably isn't a good idea. Don't overtax your liver processing different substances!

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
yep, through a blood test. I got my done around September, I was curious cuz I was drinking way too much kava over the summer. When I went to visit the Dr. for the results, he's holding the paper shaking his head saying 'ummm this doesn't look good", I was thinking "shit man" and he continues, "your cholestoral is high", then I asked him about the liver and he said it was fine.

btw, I go back for another cholesterol and liver test at the end of the month.

kl.jonwatkins

Kava Curious
Vesuvio Cat said:
If you are taking sleeping pills while taking kava, that probably isn't a good idea. Don't overtax your liver processing different substances!
Yeah i learned that the hard way, no more extracted kava for me ever again,maybe ill do some normal powdered kava but my liver still hurts a lil ,it comes and goes,not really painful per say but it feels like micro tearing or something like that.
And no more sleeping pills 2.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I have also tried the paste. I have the same feeling about it as with their caps. It does work, and the feeling is good, but you have to eat WAY too much for it to be a sane investment. I think you could eat the whole ball and be fine. The paste comes in a standard pill bottle as a little ball you then pluck from.