What's new

KBR Isa Kava

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
All I can say is...wow...

This is really close to what I was looking for. It's been about half an hour and the effects are still building. This is definitely not a kava to drink before one of my bike rides.

The grind this root came in is divine. It made some thick kava and totally numbed my tongue and cheeks. All the soreness I had from biking home for the 4th consecutive day in a row is totally, 100% gone. The mental and body effects are sooooo nice.

In closing I have to say... daaaamn!(Clap)(Yay)

kavalover

Outsider
Both. The effect is more dominant in the body arena I find, but this kava is very empathogenic in my experience, and this slowly slides in to a nice gentle sedative state.

It's definitely worth the 25 bucks per pound, but on account of the depressive nostalgic state of mind it commonly put me through, I stopped buying it. Real emotional. But that could just be me.

i guess ill have to order a pound of it. because the kona kava i had was crap and a not so great first experience for me, way to weak.

Steve973

Kava Curious
Yep, this is a good one. It's very different than others that I've had. Those were supposedly very high in kavain and this one is way more mellow. I am not sure about the whole nausea thing with DHM, because this doesn't make me the least bit nauseous.

kavalover

Outsider
Really? I have a trouble downing more than two shells of the stuff, which is a problem as this is potentially my favorite variety of kava out there right now.

Steve973

Kava Curious
I love this one! This is in my top two that I've tried so far. I love to make it relatively strong and just chill out. I might be a bit of a hard head, though, because I don't feel it the next day.

kavalover

Outsider
Steve, I am jealous. :( Wish I could enjoy these kavas like you guys do without the nausea, maybe I should give it another try

kl.shinobi7

Kava Curious
Im planning on getting this one. The only one i have tried by KBR is the tongan pride. This one is chilled out and just a bit social. I want something with a little more edge...like say maybe 6 beers social lol since i dont drink anymore.

kl.alohasteve

Kava Curious
I sometimes get nausea when I drink kava on an empty stomach (which is the best way to get the maximum effect).  I don't have too much trouble with KBR Isa (which I love), but Stone really messes me up.  Try to eat something light, like crackers, to prevent nausea while still getting maximum effect.

kl.voodoo

Kava Curious
i ordered a pound over the weekend, and totally forgot about it. imagine my surprise when i found a package from kbr today! :p

kl.Thunder Chunky

Kava Curious
mos3z, let us know what you think! I literally placed an order for Boroguru and Fu'u at BKH today to try them for the first time, but might shell out the extra greenbacks if this is stellar.

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
Just got me some isa and tongan pride ( I like to mix them) and also an order of instant green from BKH. Looking forward to getting superkrunked!

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Just got my ISA today and mixed up a batch. I really like it, i havent had any of the older batches so i cant compare it to them. For me this is almost 100% muscle relaxing with almost no head effect. So far its as strong as boroguru for me, its been about an hour so far, i'll post if the effects change.

I did have to drink a little more than other kavas to get it to kick in but once it did its really nice, i am soooo mellow right now.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yeah, It's more or less all muscle. This was my pain killer for as long as I had it in stock.