What's new

Powdered Kava Kelai Traditional Grind Single Cultivar Kava

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
A unique cultivar kava with a very strong heady character. This legendary cultivar originates from the island of Epi (Vanuatu), where it is considered to be by far the most desirable variety. So much so that most of it is consumed locally instead of being exported to far-away markets. It’s famous for its very pleasant, mentally uplifting effects that manifest themselves almost instantly.

Kelai has one of the highest ratio of kavain to dihydromethysticin in the world, which helps to explain its clean profile, rapid onset of cerebral effects, minimal sedation and a fresh after-session feeling. As such, it is fantastic for resetting the mind after a busy or stressful day, simply enjoying the blissful effects of kavain and for high quality conversation. It is also a great kava for those looking for quick-acting (and perhaps slightly more short-lived) kavas,

The pleasant and desirable charactetistics of kelai have been reconised by kava experts and scholars. In their seminal publication on kava, Dr Vincent Lebot, Dr ‎Mark Merlin and Dr Lamont Lindstrom have singled out Kelai as perhaps the most pleasant and desirable kava of Vanuatu. To these scholars, Kelai’s pleasant effects are a clear and logical outcome of centuries of concious selections of kavain-rich mutations with the most enjoyable effects and the lowest potential for causing any undesirable side-effects.

Kelai is also famous for its relatively mild, creamy and perhaps slightly fruity aroma, as well as its unique flavour that combines nutty, almost cashewy smoothness with a bit of spicy heat.

Over the years we’ve had several opportunities to drink (and greatly enjoy) fresh (green) kelai on the islands of Vanuatu, but until now, it’s been impossible to source a sufficient quality of high quality kelai in the dried form. After several months of efforts, tests and attempts to overcome logistical challenges, we’ve finally manged to bring this extraordinary kava to New Zealand.

DaManTheyCallB

Kava Curious
Sounds like an excellent kava. Just wish it was a bit more inexpensive here in the US. About 130 usd currently. If it was around 100$ would definitely get it. Understand you guys have to make money though. Just rough times in the pandemic and kava seems to help get me through the day.

A unique cultivar kava with a very strong heady character. This legendary cultivar originates from the island of Epi (Vanuatu), where it is considered to be by far the most desirable variety. So much so that most of it is consumed locally instead of being exported to far-away markets. It’s famous for its very pleasant, mentally uplifting effects that manifest themselves almost instantly.

Kelai has one of the highest ratio of kavain to dihydromethysticin in the world, which helps to explain its clean profile, rapid onset of cerebral effects, minimal sedation and a fresh after-session feeling. As such, it is fantastic for resetting the mind after a busy or stressful day, simply enjoying the blissful effects of kavain and for high quality conversation. It is also a great kava for those looking for quick-acting (and perhaps slightly more short-lived) kavas,

The pleasant and desirable charactetistics of kelai have been reconised by kava experts and scholars. In their seminal publication on kava, Dr Vincent Lebot, Dr ‎Mark Merlin and Dr Lamont Lindstrom have singled out Kelai as perhaps the most pleasant and desirable kava of Vanuatu. To these scholars, Kelai’s pleasant effects are a clear and logical outcome of centuries of concious selections of kavain-rich mutations with the most enjoyable effects and the lowest potential for causing any undesirable side-effects.

Kelai is also famous for its relatively mild, creamy and perhaps slightly fruity aroma, as well as its unique flavour that combines nutty, almost cashewy smoothness with a bit of spicy heat.

Over the years we’ve had several opportunities to drink (and greatly enjoy) fresh (green) kelai on the islands of Vanuatu, but until now, it’s been impossible to source a sufficient quality of high quality kelai in the dried form. After several months of efforts, tests and attempts to overcome logistical challenges, we’ve finally manged to bring this extraordinary kava to New Zealand.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Sounds like an excellent kava. Just wish it was a bit more inexpensive here in the US. About 130 usd currently. If it was around 100$ would definitely get it. Understand you guys have to make money though. Just rough times in the pandemic and kava seems to help get me through the day.
Those prices are in NZ$, it's actually cheaper and worth every penny.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Those prices are in NZ$, it's actually cheaper and worth every penny.
Busted out a Kg bag of Kelai tonight. It instantly got me thinking about how kava is basically a medicine in the true definition whether for mind or body but arguably both.

But in the legal us medical cannabis market for over a decade now it has been firmly established that different strains can be difference between not exactly heaven and hell but not feeling good at all and having a really pleasant and wonderful time.

I did not realise how much I missed and needed the Kelai kava in rotation.

So nice and easy to drink, easy on tummy.

Plus big too in terms of volume. Reportedly currently at 8 to 9% KL. I think, weight regardless, large volumes of fresh peeled, fine grind, can be more than it's weight.

So my £122 kg Kelai is very good worth to me. 15 grams is almost too much for my Aluballs.

I can easily flatten out 20 grams GHK M'oi in there.

I believe it (the KT %) because it noticeable numbed my lips. I currently drink lots of Kava each day (40-60 gr ), so my lips are permanently numb and only notice it when showering the next day haha, (which is surely a valid measure of of how many kava lactones are still in my body that many hours later.)

Last edited: