What's new

Kidney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Hey guys so lately in the winter months I've been REALLY enjoying my kava. I drink 1-4 Tablespoons (usually 2) strained into grog via the blender and pantyhose method 1-4x per week, (more like 3-4x/week recently.) and now I get this warm yucky feeling in my middle back on the right side toward the spine sometimes. like I feel it wheneveri think of it and occasionally theres a slight pain like a little prodding pokey feeling that comes up... I had painful urination once this month as well, which scared me. Could it be the early stages of kidney stones? I really hope kava is not to blame. I've also felt nauseous some days, but I don't know if it's related. the pain isnt severe but it is worrying (I'm a slight hypochondriac) I did go to the doctor once about 18 months ago for pain in that region and they did a scan and said it was constipation, which is weird because I'd been having normal bowel movements, and I could swear the pain was worse when I urinated in the morning. I take other herbs but try not to mix them with kava unless I am sure they are ok on the liver etc. I stopped kava and all other herbs for 6 days so far (harder than I expected, months ago taking a two week break wouldnt even have me thinking twice) plus started taking milk thistle to help protect the liver/kidneys and there has been no pain plus the warm feeling has all but left. Should I make my kava break longer? I dont want to go back to the doctor in case they tell me its constipation again lol, so much of a waste of money. I really want to go back to maybe 2x/week but probably will stop taking it two days in a row to prevent buildup in my organs. I know my dosages are minimal but I do only weigh 125lbs and am quite thin. of course none of you are qualified to give medical advice but I have a hunch some of the more experienced in the kava culture/ daily drinkers will be able to give me insight.

PS. I have ONLY been drinking kavaboy and GHK kavas (mostly borogu and moi) because I am sensitive to anything that tests anything but purely noble (BKH has given me bad side effects that suggested liver harm, like bad lethargy, something GHK and Kavaboy don't do at all)

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
ive had a similiar pain before. while i cant strictly blame it on kava i do believe it was related as it would happen after drinking lot of kava. with that said im not saying that kava is harming the kidneys. i think i simply was very dehydrated. i also can get nauseaus sometimes the next day simply because of drinking too much kava...that will happen. blood work has come back fine for me. on a side note im not sure about milk thistle for kidney protection but as for the liver it doesnt really do a whole lot. nac is a much better option.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Funny you say that because IVe heard NAC isnt so good for the body in some ways but milk thistle may have potential. THe way I see it i'd rather take something in plant form that doesn't do a whole lot than something pure and potent that may do some bad with the good

Status
Not open for further replies.