What's new

VENDOR ALERT Kings Kava (Supplier banned from the forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
This supplier based in NZ, got banned because they used the forum as a place to spam ads for their company.
I personally feels like it might be a good idea to have a thread about them, if people order from them and have opinions and experiences with their products. I placed an order for a kilo of Kava from them before they started to spam and got banned from the forum. I now got the Kava delivered and realized that there is no thread about them.

How does the admin and moderator feel about having a thread about a company that is banned to use the forum?
I have not tried the product yet, but if it's some bad stuff it's good for people to know right?

Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
This supplier based in NZ, got banned because they used the forum as a place to spam ads for their company.
I personally feels like it might be a good idea to have a thread about them, if people order from them and have opinions and experiences with their products. I placed an order for a kilo of Kava from them before they started to spam and got banned from the forum. I now got the Kava delivered and realized that there is no thread about them.

How does the admin and moderator feel about having a thread about a company that is banned to use the forum?
I have not tried the product yet, but if it's some bad stuff it's good for people to know right?

Bula!
Feel free to post your experiences as I am sure it may help others. The vendor simply will not be able to respond to inquiries here so it should be addressed directly to them, otherwise, have at it! :)

We want the good and the bad, it helps everyone.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Feel free to post your experiences as I am sure it may help others. The vendor simply will not be able to respond to inquiries here so it should be addressed directly to them, otherwise, have at it! :)
That sounds good, thanks! I will post my experience here to help others then. ::chugger::
I will try and get hold of some Acetone this weekend to do the test as well.

Last edited:

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I drank one wash of 50g of the powder yesterday and then later in the evening I made a quick wash with the same Kava that I also drank.
Yesterday I did not plan my fasting that well before drinking it and the second wash was consumed with food and candy in my stomach.
My plan was to get some acetone today to do the test. But I just wanna spend this day in front of my water cooled fan and it seems like no stores close to me
are selling acetone.

So far my experience is that these roots (that are supposed to be Waka roots from Fiji) feel a lot like the Fiji Fresh sundried Waka roots I ordered, just weaker and not that great taste as the Fiji Fresh roots. The taste is more like how I have experienced KWK's powdered Kava. But I need to spend a bit more time drinking it to give a good review. I did not experience any "hangover" today that I have heard Tudei Kava produces. Yesterday evening, my sleep and today morning feels a lot like the other Kava I've tried from Fiji Fresh, KWK and different producers from Edward (That my dog consumed, NOT me).

Is there other problems or side effects that bad Kava kan produce that I am not aware of?

Best regards!

Attachments

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I e-mailed Kings Kava and they told me that they have sent their Kava to a lab in Australia and would present the results within 30 days.
Looking forward to see what the lab results says. Can't really come up with a reason that they would lie about it being sent to a lab and
that the results will take 30 days before they can share it with customers. They could just have lied and show false data, if that was the case.
I feel a bit weird being to be so suspicious, but I guess they made me and others suspicious after they got banned for breaking rules. They
claim in an e-mail that they did not receive and information about why they got banned, find that a bit weird when I know they got told to stop spamming
more than once.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I dont believe there is a connection between following rules on forum and quality of your product. But I think people will demand independent lab test now that more kava growers and processors gets into the market. Like Mr Lebot mentions.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I dont believe there is a connection between following rules on forum and quality of your product. But I think people will demand independent lab test now that more kava growers and processors gets into the market. Like Mr Lebot mentions.
Good point. It can be a good quality product even if they did not follow the rules here. I'm looking forward to see the lab test.

I realized yesterday when I was repacking the powder into smaller quantities in four containers instead of having all the powder in one bag that it got delivered in, that the total weight was a bit over 1.1 kg. My scale is calibrated so it should not be a miscalculation from my side. So I paid 103 Euro for 1.1kg of Kava including shipping. I was lucky that the customs didn't check the package too closely, because it was marked as a gift so I did not have to pay any import taxes either.

So far I feel like the Kava is the same quality as KWK. But I'm also a bit spoiled with drinking sun dried roots that I grind my self, for the last weeks. I plan to take a break from Kava during next week, to see if my tolerance that I feel is going to decrease. It will also be interesting to see if I am one of those who get reverse tolerance from a break or if it makes the comeback brew hit harder.

::chugger::

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
They were banned for threatening to hack this site and take over the Url. They received a warning and they didn't respect it and threatened extortion. There is a thread on here about what happened. I personally wouldn't order from people who conduct business that way but that's me.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
They were banned for threatening to hack this site and take over the Url. They received a warning and they didn't respect it and threatened extortion. There is a thread on here about what happened. I personally wouldn't order from people who conduct business that way but that's me.
I found out about this yesterday and I totally agree with you. Actually I logged in to the forum because I was going to post the thread about it and recommend people to not buy from them. If I knew about this I would not have created this thread about them. My order with them was placed before all this bad stuff happened and I would not have supported this business with all these cards on the table.

Here is the post about it if someone else have missed it:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I found out about this yesterday and I totally agree with you. Actually I logged in to the forum because I was going to post the thread about it and recommend people to not buy from them. If I knew about this I would not have created this thread about them. My order with them was placed before all this bad stuff happened and I would not have supported this business with all these cards on the table.

Here is the post about it if someone else have missed it:
I was just about to back you up on this one.

You placed your order before they went all spammy on us.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I guess it's better to have this thread up that mention their company and their behavior, even if it feels a bit like free advertisement for a company that does not care about this kava community of ours.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Maybe Kapm can add a "vendor alert" tag, so it's more clearly visible what those shenanigans' all about. In my opinion, shady business practices do not always have to be related to the product quality (I don't know whether their kava is any good, but that doesn't matter).

Last edited:

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
To the left is the Kava from the vendor I mention in this thread, on the right is sundried Waka roots from Fiji Fresh. The containers was a bit too wide to give a good look on the liquid. I did shake the acetone and Kava powder in a glass container for some minutes before pouring it in these containers and left it for 24h. I took multiple photos with different light.

Seems to me like the Kava is indeed noble?

Attachments

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Still, it's impossible to tell from these photos. The lighting seems a bit passive, and I'm not sure if the acetone ratio is right, as there is so much kava, but very little liquid.

Space Cat

Has anyone actually tried Kings kava? I'm a kava newbie and got excited about kava being recently legalized in Australia. Before finding this forum, I went and ordered 1kg of Kings kava, because it was one of the few websites that came up in the Google search. And now I don't know if it even was a great decision...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Has anyone actually tried Kings kava? I'm a kava newbie and got excited about kava being recently legalized in Australia. Before finding this forum, I went and ordered 1kg of Kings kava, because it was one of the few websites that came up in the Google search. And now I don't know if it even was a great decision...
Welcome! It was this vendors behavior that earned their reputation with us. They also had a picture of a Polish Potato farm on the bag as the "kava farm" lol. The kava is an innocent bystander in the situation, so I wouldn't be too worried, but I wouldn't set my expectations too highly either. Let us know what you think when you try it.

Szafirek

Kava Curious
They also had a picture of a Polish Potato farm on the bag as the "kava farm" lol.
Why all the fuss about getting kava to Europe, when you can buy it from a local potato farmer :LOL:

I can see that they have an article about the legal status of kava in Poland that has been out of date for several years ... but dated October 25, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.