What's new

KKF

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Much obliged Kap'm! Hey what's the skinny on Kona Kava Farms? I've seen that they are unpopular with many on the forum, but I was desperate and had to get some grog off amazon that would ship fast... They claim it's noble, it doesn't seem too bad when I drink it, so what gives? Kavasseur has also given some of their stuff an "OK" rating-not great, but then not something to totally avoid either. Maybe their stuff is more like "it'll do in a pinch and get the job done" type of thing.

Whatever, it's all I got Kap'm! Bula to the 'Forums and Cheers!

Kavacus
(with a house still standing in) Santee, CA

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Amazon will not ship fast unfortunately. All of my prime orders have taken a week to ship without fail. Unless you are super close to a distro center I'd imagine its the same

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kona Kava sounds like they've gotten better, however their website hasn't been updated in 7 years, and I hear KKF is but one of many ventures of the owner of the company. I think the exceptional kavas come from the people who have the time and can devote the necessary attention to product quality.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I wouldn't get anything from them unless the world ended and they were the last stockpile left...i mean it barely even smells like kava?? I think it would be interesting if someone secretly bought a bit from them and sent it to a kava testing lab and shared the results, think you can set something like that up @Kapmcrunk ?

ThatDankK

Also, someone had gotten me a little bucket kit from them a few weeks ago because it had some nice acacia wood bowls in it and it included a 4oz package of their kava so I have recently given it another try, was thoroughly unimpressed

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I think it would be interesting if someone secretly bought a bit from them and sent it to a kava testing lab and shared the results, think you can set something like that up
It's been done. They've cleaned up their supply a while ago, because the results came back less than favorable at the time. Got us some heat from their blog section, lol.

I personally wouldn't go behind any vendor and try to test them into a "gotcha" type situation. Testing is fantastic, and vendors still do it because they really don't want to hear us on reddit, kavaforums or facebook talking about a kava which made us sick that had their name on it.

It's not bad. It's likely old stock from who knows when, stored who knows how during that interim. If it lost it's "kava" smell, then it was probably stored in a hot environment for an extended time.

Ultimately I speculate on what happens behind the doors. I don't know. I just know I'll be spending my money with the people who I know are absolutely devoted to kava, because I am.

ThatDankK

It's been done. They've cleaned up their supply a while ago, because the results came back less than favorable at the time. Got us some heat from their blog section, lol.

I personally wouldn't go behind any vendor and try to test them into a "gotcha" type situation. Testing is fantastic, and vendors still do it because they really don't want to hear us on reddit, kavaforums or facebook talking about a kava which made us sick that had their name on it.

It's not bad. It's likely old stock from who knows when, stored who knows how during that interim. If it lost it's "kava" smell, then it was probably stored in a hot environment for an extended time.

Ultimately I speculate on what happens behind the doors. I don't know. I just know I'll be spending my money with the people who I know are absolutely devoted to kava, because I am.
I can agree with that. I'm just not the biggest fan of anyone who can sell not so good quality stuff to people who want something to ease their mental and physical troubles, i still have a bad taste in my mouth from them back when I first tried kava and almost gave up on it because of their "quality" it felt like praying on the weak i guess

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can agree with that. I'm just not the biggest fan of anyone who can sell not so good quality stuff to people who want something to ease their mental and physical troubles, i still have a bad taste in my mouth from them back when I first tried kava and almost gave up on it because of their "quality" it felt like praying on the weak i guess
My history would confirm that I also am not a fan. To each their own. I bet there's someone who only buys KKF. May they one day find kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The KKF took my baby away?

For fun I got some tudei from them once and it was fine, smelt like pine and numbed me up good. I wouldn't be tempted to buy much else from them though, there are too many other good vendors around.

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
Much obliged Kap'm! Hey what's the skinny on Kona Kava Farms? I've seen that they are unpopular with many on the forum, but I was desperate and had to get some grog off amazon that would ship fast... They claim it's noble, it doesn't seem too bad when I drink it, so what gives? Kavasseur has also given some of their stuff an "OK" rating-not great, but then not something to totally avoid either. Maybe their stuff is more like "it'll do in a pinch and get the job done" type of thing.

Whatever, it's all I got Kap'm! Bula to the 'Forums and Cheers!

Kavacus
(with a house still standing in) Santee, CA
I ordered kavafied on prime and it’s coming after 3 days, not bad.

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Back when I was an active and enthusiastic drinker, at times we drank Olde English Malt Liquor. It’s kinda like that, gnarly to drink but do it quick and you’ll surely get drunk...she’s a harsh mistress- I don’t feel very good drinking it (as compared to the better quality that I usually get), but it gets the job done. Can’t say I’d buy it again though! Anyway, cheers and..
BULA!
K