What's new

Koniak

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Our 10 kilo sample of "Koniak" kava from PNG arrived today. The smell, texture, and consistency reminds me of Nambawan, It's got that same freshness. I'll be able to try some tomorrow and I'll get some kava bar customer feedback tonight and tomorrow. First impression is that this kava is awesome; I think we found a winner. I'll keep y'all posted on this thread.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Sounds good Judd.

I'd be interested in hearing what your customers at the bar think about it.

pooley

Kava Curious
I've just ordered a kilo of this stuff as it sounds good :) Why oh why can't the UK have these 'Kava Bar's' like you over in the good 'ole US of A :(

D

Deleted User01

pooley said:
I've just ordered a kilo of this stuff as it sounds good :) Why oh why can't the UK have these 'Kava Bar's' like you over in the good 'ole US of A :(
For the same reason that I can't get a decent English bitters on tap (except for the home brew at my house).  It is probably good 'ole supply and demand economics.  And yes, the Koniak is very, very potent.  It'll knock you silly.  Very good bang for the buck.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Make sure to review it when you get into your bag. I'm still curious about this stuff.It is cool that the US has some kava bars but the distances between them are HUGE unfortunately. Just out of curiosity I did some relative mapping of the distances.From where I am in Los angeles, Bula Kava House (Oregon) is about 1,000 miles away. If you were in London that would be roughly the distance to Lisbon Portugal, Rome Italy or Warsaw Poland.The distance from L.A. to Vanuatu Kava Bar (North Carolina) or Nakava (Florida) is even farther. From London it would be like going to Egypt, Turkey or Russia.I have heard that there are Kava bars in San Diego, but even that is 2 hours from Los Angeles. (smiley: ohwell)

D

Deleted User01

And don't forget the Kava bar here in Austin Texas.  That is 90 miles from here.  But why bother when there are so many high quality Kavas that you can buy from the vendors in this forum.  I'm like a kid in a candy factory trying to figure out what I'm going to try next. So Pooley, be a good lad  now and just continue to order your stuff from the super vendors we have here.  There is nothing like getting Krunked in the privacy of your home/flat and collapsing on your favorite sofa/couch/chair while watching the Telly or listening to some good music.  And have that chair ready when you start chugging the Koniak, you are going to need it.

infraredz

BULA!
shakas said:
Make sure to review it when you get into your bag. I'm still curious about this stuff.It is cool that the US has some kava bars but the distances between them are HUGE unfortunately. Just out of curiosity I did some relative mapping of the distances.

From where I am in Los angeles, Bula Kava House (Oregon) is about 1,000 miles away. If you were in London that would be roughly the distance to Lisbon Portugal, Rome Italy or Warsaw Poland.

The distance from L.A. to Vanuatu Kava Bar (North Carolina) or Nakava (Florida) is even farther. From London it would be like going to Egypt, Turkey or Russia.

I have heard that there are Kava bars in San Diego, but even that is 2 hours from Los Angeles. (image)
Yeah, there is a nice Kava bar in SD! MysticalWaters or something like that. It's expensive and 'weak' though, in my experience.