What's new

Koro Island kavas are back!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I noticed Kava Time now carry a Koro Island kava. A few years ago, just before GKE went out of business, they sold a Koro Island kava and it was one of my favourite kavas ever. I know they were nearly completely wiped out with a storm so it's really good to see some products coming back now. I managed to get hold of some and I've been drinking it the last two nights. It's everything I remember, chocolately taste and very relaxing with the waves of body calmness washing through. Also it seems to give me a lot less nausea/stomach weirdness than other kavas. This isn't a full blown review just a recommendation for anyone who likes a heavy Fijian like Kadavu that the Koro Island will be just as enjoyable and possibly more so.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I noticed Kava Time now carry a Koro Island kava. A few years ago, just before GKE went out of business, they sold a Koro Island kava and it was one of my favourite kavas ever. I know they were nearly completely wiped out with a storm so it's really good to see some products coming back now. I managed to get hold of some and I've been drinking it the last two nights. It's everything I remember, chocolately taste and very relaxing with the waves of body calmness washing through. Also it seems to give me a lot less nausea/stomach weirdness than other kavas. This isn't a full blown review just a recommendation for anyone who likes a heavy Fijian like Kadavu that the Koro Island will be just as enjoyable and possibly more so.
Hi Edward. This one drew my attention. After some discussions, I will have some en route on Monday.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So Art of Kava are doing one too? I haven't looked at their site yet.
Yes it looks very decent. I was in discussion with him about their desire to ship internationally, sharing my own experiences all over so far. I did mention you to him actually, he also has a herbal tea company, and how you supply pet remedies to us and may be motivated to work with them possibly at some point.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Yes it looks very decent. I was in discussion with him about their desire to ship internationally, sharing my own experiences all over so far. I did mention you to him actually, he also has a herbal tea company, and how you supply pet remedies to us and may be motivated to work with them possibly at some point.
But doesn't artofkava ship international?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
But doesn't artofkava ship international?
Exactly. They do now, but I believe I will be officialy the first international herbal tea customer. They kindly reached out to me and I tried to assist by just sharing all of my own experiences with the vendors I know well.

They have some fantastic herbal teas if it would interest you.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Exactly. They do now, but I believe I will be officialy the first international herbal tea customer. They kindly reached out to me and I tried to assist by just sharing all of my own experiences with the vendors I know well.

They have some fantastic herbal teas if it would interest you.

But is that the same company as https://www.artofkava.com/?

I could place an international order with them.
I didn't complete the order but it seemed to work as it accepted all my data

Last edited:

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
But is that the same company as https://www.artofkava.com/?

I could place an international order with them.
Hey guys! Saw this convo and thought id give yall the full info. I started yum cha @ drinkteaa.com while back to sell high quality, very flavorful teas. I started art of kava at the end of last year and opened up a few months ago after lots of r&d. So the idea was to just add AOKs kava to drinkteaa.coms as well. I think we can more easily serve intl customers though our tea company.Hope that helps!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys! Saw this convo and thought id give yall the full info. I started yum cha @ drinkteaa.com while back to sell high quality, very flavorful teas. I started art of kava at the end of last year and opened up a few months ago after lots of r&d. So the idea was to just add AOKs kava to drinkteaa.coms as well. I think we can more easily serve intl customers though our tea company.Hope that helps!
Why do you believe that?
One thing that believe is important is to declare a value that is not suspicious. Like declare a value of 10 $ might catch attention.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Why do you believe that?
One thing that believe is important is to declare a value that is not suspicious. Like declare a value of 10 $ might catch attention.
Thats a good point. I don't have any issue with making it available on the AOK website as well. My thinking was that "kava" being in the name might create issues in some counties at customs. To be quite honest, im interested in any and all recommendations from customers that have made purchases in any country and the best methods youve noticed. The more info and the more intl orders we get the more we can get it down to a science.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Thats a good point. I don't have any issue with making it available on the AOK website as well. My thinking was that "kava" being in the name might create issues in some counties at customs. To be quite honest, im interested in any and all recommendations from customers that have made purchases in any country and the best methods youve noticed. The more info and the more intl orders we get the more we can get it down to a science.
It's important to not make any medical claims on the package.

Calling it tea or something else I don't believe matter costums vil open it anyways if they suspect something.

Regarding uk
You might consider target your kava for animal use only...
I'm sure @Edward knowns more about that matter

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
It's important to not make any medical claims on the package.

Calling it tea or something else I don't believe matter costums vil open it anyways if they suspect something.

Regarding uk
You might consider target your kava for animal use only...
I'm sure @Edward knowns more about that matter
Ah yes, that is on my list to add to the labeling. Ill add intl to the aok site on monday so buyers will have both options. Some may feel more comfortable with one option over another.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
What was the original koro strain thet sold?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
To be honest I don't know, most Fijians are just sold according to island anyway, Savu savu, Kadavu, Koro, etc.
I am expecting the Koro to be a little less outright heavy than the Kadavu I have tried from elsewhere, which matches Artofkava's website description of it too. Little more balanced, hence my leaning towards the Koro.

With the Savusavu being less heavy than Kadavu by a fair bit,,but not too heady. Just nicely balanced. So I figure, in order of light/heady to heavy, it's:

Savusavu
Koro
Kadavu

I do like the Kadavu. I find it not just heavy, but to have a unique dreamy, hynotic feeling, and quite long lasting and stabilised initial effect stage, just like the Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu, but different subjectively, still long stable intial effect stage, and not at all overly heady for me.