What's new

Koro Island kavas are back!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Just a quick, late night word all. The Koro Fijian is supremely strong. At the displayed 13.76% Kavalactones....but it does actually feel twice as strong in a way to numerous kavas I have tried.

For reference, I was surprised to see the highly acclaimed N@H WoW and Stone tested at 6% kavalactones.

But this koro, it makes the most appealing lookkng drink I have seen in 1 year of daily use.

Like @Edward says above- very chocolatey. Really dark, reddish brown, creamy, lots of oil floating on top.

And interestingly, it doesn't seperate like some other kavas. No sediment forming a layer on the bottom.

The Koro stays uniformly emulsified the entire time. I have only Aluballed it so far, I add a little lecithin, and I get a really frothy top, plus thick mouth numbimg froth left behind when I tip the glass.

My second(?) point lol! It is so remeniscent of Guiness lager looking at the full glass of frothy, chocolatey brown Koro. Never has the plain sight of prepared kava been so appealing to me.

And it really is very palatable and easy to drink as well which is a problem lol because the effects are really quite pronounced and creep up on you a little bit.

I look very foreard to trying @Artofkava 's Kadavu. Fantastic stuff guys and thank you so much for serving us all.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So here is my Guiness! Sprung out of bed early for toilets and allergy management, I was craving a shell of Koro. Here areva few shots of my 13 gram Aluball. 2 photos of wash one- look at the gorgeous colour and thickness of it.

And wash two with this stuff, less water, is the thickest 2nd wash any kava has given me with the Aluball I swear.
20201115_090435.jpg
20201115_090449.jpg
20201115_091908.jpg

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Exactly. They do now, but I believe I will be officialy the first international herbal tea customer. They kindly reached out to me and I tried to assist by just sharing all of my own experiences with the vendors I know well.

They have some fantastic herbal teas if it would interest you.

So the customs label says herbal tea? That right? No mention of kava at all anywhere on the package?

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Thats a good point. I don't have any issue with making it available on the AOK website as well. My thinking was that "kava" being in the name might create issues in some counties at customs. To be quite honest, im interested in any and all recommendations from customers that have made purchases in any country and the best methods youve noticed. The more info and the more intl orders we get the more we can get it down to a science.
I've ordered internationally from NZ, Fiji & Vanuatu and had it shipped to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia many times and have found this:

- The packaging must be professional, sealed, and have the name, address, email/website and phone number of the company on the package
- Call it "pacific tea", or "kava tea" if going to a country where kava has specifically been made legal to import
- Be creative with the value on the invoice and declaration. Because kava isn't itemised on many countries' duty lists they just charge top rate (40% in my case) on the kava value, courier/postage value, plus all the BS "fees" added on. Check the tax threshold ($100 for me) and value it just under. I recently received 4kg from new zealand valued at $80 and paid nothing, but last year paid over $350 tax&fees on 4kg because the sale value was stated. I don't mind paying all the real taxes due but in many countries Customs is part valid tax collection and part family business.
- Label as a gift or sample. Customs in many countries will try to say it is commercial and hold the receiver to ransom
- Send by regular registered airmail if possible (instead of courier) as it will often just get delivered directly.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I've ordered internationally from NZ, Fiji & Vanuatu and had it shipped to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia many times and have found this:

- The packaging must be professional, sealed, and have the name, address, email/website and phone number of the company on the package
- Call it "pacific tea", or "kava tea" if going to a country where kava has specifically been made legal to import
- Be creative with the value on the invoice and declaration. Because kava isn't itemised on many countries' duty lists they just charge top rate (40% in my case) on the kava value, courier/postage value, plus all the BS "fees" added on. Check the tax threshold ($100 for me) and value it just under. I recently received 4kg from new zealand valued at $80 and paid nothing, but last year paid over $350 tax&fees on 4kg because the sale value was stated. I don't mind paying all the real taxes due but in many countries Customs is part valid tax collection and part family business.
- Label as a gift or sample. Customs in many countries will try to say it is commercial and hold the receiver to ransom
- Send by regular registered airmail if possible (instead of courier) as it will often just get delivered directly.
That is absolutely fantastic info. Thank you for all of that!!

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
It can only be a gift if it sent from a private person to another private person.
The gift statement is ignored if its sent from a company.

Also itmatt is being rolled out in 2021

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It did unfortunately. Oh well, time to take a bit of a break I guess!
I hope you didn't get fined too much? I keep telling people who think my kava is expensive what risks I am taking to get it into the country but I think they still just think I am overcharging to make a bigger profit. I've had over £5000 worth of kava seized in the last 5 years.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
I hope you didn't get fined too much? I keep telling people who think my kava is expensive what risks I am taking to get it into the country but I think they still just think I am overcharging to make a bigger profit. I've had over £5000 worth of kava seized in the last 5 years.
No fine luckily, just another AUD250 down the toilet! Not the first time, probably won't be the last. Supposedly Australia is still on track to permit import by the end of this year though, so we'll see.

BTW, when we're allowed to actually leave the country for a holiday, I'll be visiting my folks in England, so will hit you up for some instant!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Your kava is not expensive one bit, for fortunate placed me. Honestly, you make it an easy no brainer, all round- cost honestly, variety always, the easiest level of communing and trustpilot (not lol) 11/10 for service.

I’m so privileged personally and sure I can speak for very many, to be so fortunate, the sacrifices, extra steps you take and real total fairness all the way, I attest to it Edward.

And from my point again, penny per gram of finest kavas, it’s very good value you still offer and share around so selflessly.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
No fine luckily, just another AUD250 down the toilet! Not the first time, probably won't be the last. Supposedly Australia is still on track to permit import by the end of this year though, so we'll see.

BTW, when we're allowed to actually leave the country for a holiday, I'll be visiting my folks in England, so will hit you up for some instant!
What gets me is that Australia has in all these south pacific initiatives that include kava, but they themselves don't allow it.