What's new

Powdered Kava Review Koro Island Waka #2

ThePiper

Kava Lover
cpReview
{"Grade":9,"Potency":9,"Mind":7,"Body":7,"Anxiety":9,"Sedative":9,"Taste":"-6","Preparation":"Traditionally prepped ","Duration":"4 hours","SideEffects":"None","Headline":"Burnt Rubber Bliss"}
This is my first time trying Artofkava, and I received batch #2 of koro waka. The price isn’t cheap considering shipping is high, but the kava is very potent and unique. I will say that it tastes and smells a little like burnt rubber or gasoline though. The smell and taste made me think at first assessment that the kava was old and stale and maybe wasn’t quality... But this was not the case. The effects are extremely pleasant, and lean towards sedation. This is not an overly heavy kava like some other sedative strains. Its easy on the stomach and won’t make you dizzy. It gives a feeling of blissful warmth and heaviness behind the eyes, and tends to make me some out a little bit. It has been nice for going out in nature and just being part of the forest’s song. This is one of my highest ratings for kava in a very long time. I cannot speak on comparisons with batch #1 because I never tried it, but I am curious if it was very similar or has changed a lot, especially in the taste department.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hey! Glad you liked the kava and the effects. Just fyi, it's stored on the shelving where our tea (for our tea company) is stored and we get it processed directly after its harvested. I did notice that the smell of some of the packages had that smell to it. I think it's because we use kraft paper packaging in the shipping process. I'm looking into changing the packaging as we speak. That's the same product we use for our tea and its a bit better for the environment than the more plastic stuff. Ours just has that plastic window and a plastic zip.

I'm also looking into optional either optional tins as packaging or we can put everything in tins. It's a bit more sleek and different than the rest thats out there and will keep it super fresh.

Thank you very much again for the great review and for the feedback on taste.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Kavatime used to have several strains that were too rough n heavy for me, also melo melo from bkh is too heavy. Kava Vinaka waka was another one that was rough. This is closer in "heaviness" to squanch.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
I remember an off putting smell from squanch kava one week, it was an odd fuel/paint thinner chemical smell. He boiled it down to packaging and sure enough the next package with a new bag had no off smell.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah after researching I think the package is what does it. But my god you can smell it from across the room and the burps are ungodly. Hope that I’m not mega dosing bpa or anything.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
Just got my koro and kadavu yesterday, and the koro has the same off smell as the squanch did but more faint. Effects are totally normal though no negatives. Wonder if taking it out of the bag and letting it air out would help.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yeah after researching I think the package is what does it. But my god you can smell it from across the room and the burps are ungodly. Hope that I’m not mega dosing bpa or anything.
Yeah that Koro smell is crazy. Doesn't seem to impact the taste if you can plug your nose. Kaduvu batch 2 doesn't have the smell and neither did batch 1. Pretty strange. I might try airing it out honestly.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Yeah that Koro smell is crazy. Doesn't seem to impact the taste if you can plug your nose. Kaduvu batch 2 doesn't have the smell and neither did batch 1. Pretty strange. I might try airing it out honestly.
Yeah I noticed the same about a portion of the order. It seems like 1 box of koro had that overly floral smell to it. I've since opened random portions of the rest of the boxes from the order and they do not have that smell (neither the koro or the kadavu).