What's new

Krunk

M

mlenny

I'm just looking to conduct a curious survey of sorts. What does "krunk" feel like for you?

Thanks,
Matthew

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Typical krunk: the feeling when your arms and legs have become al-dente noodles. Directly focusing on objects with both eyes becomes difficult to impossible. I end up closing one eye and stumbling around. Words are difficult to enunciate. Your mouth feels like it's full of peanut butter. I call it "Pirate Syndrome". All I need is an eye patch.

There is another type of krunk state, and it's like jumping into a cool rushing stream on a hot summer day. Your stress, worries, and anxieties are washed away. You're left feeling renewed, present and clear. It's a rare state, but occasionally it happens. I've found it happens after an especially taxing day where I'm holding on to stressors that I shouldn't be. Kava takes my hand, releases my grip and says "Let go and appreciate time you have to be alive". All the issues of the day suddenly retract to their size in reality and I'm left feeling that everything is going to be alright.

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Aye, it's just as the Kap'm says... for me it's more common to feel Typical krunk, which I equate to nearly the same as drinking 3-4 good beers. Tipsy. Then there is the less common but still attainable state of sublime ascension into the realms of tranquility, happiness, and peace with all that is.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Kava takes my hand, releases my grip and says "Let go and appreciate time you have to be alive". All the issues of the day suddenly retract to their size in reality and I'm left feeling that everything is going to be alright.
I love it when that happens. ::KavaChug::

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Typical krunk: the feeling when your arms and legs have become al-dente noodles. Directly focusing on objects with both eyes becomes difficult to impossible. I end up closing one eye and stumbling around. Words are difficult to enunciate. Your mouth feels like it's full of peanut butter. I call it "Pirate Syndrome". All I need is an eye patch.

There is another type of krunk state, and it's like jumping into a cool rushing stream on a hot summer day. Your stress, worries, and anxieties are washed away. You're left feeling renewed, present and clear. It's a rare state, but occasionally it happens. I've found it happens after an especially taxing day where I'm holding on to stressors that I shouldn't be. Kava takes my hand, releases my grip and says "Let go and appreciate time you have to be alive". All the issues of the day suddenly retract to their size in reality and I'm left feeling that everything is going to be alright.
God, when the kava hits you in the same way the second paragraph details it is unbelievable. Everytime it happens I want to cry and I thank the universe for allowing me to experience something so beautiful.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
For me there is a sand breath, like the root aromas are in my skin and I can smell the earthiness. A few occasions, Kava will be insightful. One night this summer, I had a strong shell, it tasted very good and fulfilled me. Thereafter I sat on the couch watching the moon rise, meditating on the light coming off the moon. I became so still, I visualized the light in waves, and smiled at the feeling of surfing the moonwaves.

I anticipate having the pleasure of coming back to this conversation after trying fresh frozen kava!