What's new

KWK ORDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Thomas

Kava Enthusiast
It tAkes around 5-7tbs of Loa waka to feel much of anything. However the borongoru was very nice at just 2tbs. Great vendor and amazing customer service. Also vula was great as well at 2tbs. Loa waka just felt really weak to me. Could be me though.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I only drink Loa micronized, but Id say the strength is pretty strong. After 3 tbps i feel it. I think i do prefer Vula as well along with Ben Thomas. Either way tho, its a great kava by an awesome company.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I have the opposite response. I can make my Loa waka weak and always have a good time but with the borugu or borongoru it seems to take triple the dose to even feel it.

Munsoned

Kava Curious
I have the opposite response. I can make my Loa waka weak and always have a good time but with the borugu or borongoru it seems to take triple the dose to even feel it.
I agree, Loa Waka is my favorite from KWK. Borongoru never seemed to do much for me.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I agree, Loa Waka is my favorite from KWK. Borongoru never seemed to do much for me.
Ya Borongoru medium grind doesnt seem to do much for me but it could be just the batch. Borongoru micro was nice though. Just a heads up, Loa Waka is back in stock :)

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ya Borongoru medium grind doesnt seem to do much for me but it could be just the batch. Borongoru micro was nice though. Just a heads up, Loa Waka is back in stock :)
I have loved past batches of boronguru but this latest batch is meh....

Same with latest batch of loa. Mediocrity compared with previous batches. Jmho

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have loved past batches of boronguru but this latest batch is meh....

Same with latest batch of loa. Mediocrity compared with previous batches. Jmho
My experience was just the opposite. The borongoru I got 6 months ago was pleasant but didn't do much. The borongoru I got Saturday was really nice. Deep, smooth, very tasty.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My experience was just the opposite. The borongoru I got 6 months ago was pleasant but didn't do much. The borongoru I got Saturday was really nice. Deep, smooth, very tasty.
Awesome. I'm glad to hear that. I guess it just comes down to personal taste. The borongoru and loa that I had previously seemed far more interesting in effect. But this is just according to my subjective experience. Not specific to KWK, I have been worried about declining quality in the face of this shortage we seem to be facing. Worried that because demand is so high, a lower quality will become the new par. I'm one consumer who would be willing to pay more to keep quality consistently high.

It seems all my favorite vendors are coming up out of stock on everything, or are struggling to keep stock on hand. I worry that some will lower standards just so they have powder to sell. I don't know if this is reality, or not, but it's a concern. I have always been impressed with KWK and other vendors but the newer shipments just generally don't seem to be on the level that they used to be. So to hear you disagree makes me feel better insofar as it could just "be me".

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Awesome. I'm glad to hear that. I guess it just comes down to personal taste. The borongoru and loa that I had previously seemed far more interesting in effect. But this is just according to my subjective experience. Not specific to KWK, I have been worried about declining quality in the face of this shortage we seem to be facing. Worried that because demand is so high, a lower quality will become the new par. I'm one consumer who would be willing to pay more to keep quality consistently high.

It seems all my favorite vendors are coming up out of stock on everything, or are struggling to keep stock on hand. I worry that some will lower standards just so they have powder to sell. I don't know if this is reality, or not, but it's a concern. I have always been impressed with KWK and other vendors but the newer shipments just generally don't seem to be on the level that they used to be. So to hear you disagree makes me feel better insofar as it could just "be me".
It's definitely not just you and it's not just KWK.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

I only started drinking kava in January of this year, so just under a year now. I missed out on what kava was like before so I really don't have anything compare it to. Of course, I can only compare the KWK Borongoru that I just got to the batch I got 6 months ago. I do hear from others, though, that the Borongoru from a year or two ago is stronger than the current batch. So when I talk about the grind I just got (fast delivery, btw, came in two days) it's really only in comparison to the earlier batch this year. And for me it does seem really nice. It strikes m as a good introduction or first kava for a newbie, strong enough to feel good but not enough to blow you away, not like what the old hands want from their root, which might be daunting for a newcomer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.