What's new

Powdered Kava Review Lawena

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Lawena is my favorite type of kava, I drink a lot of it on a daily basis, because it is so light and creamy, I can usually drink lots without too many problems.
This Lawena
I made this kava on three separate occasions to be sure the results were conclusive. At first appearance it looks like a lawena, very mild barely no smell at all (this kava had even less aroma) . The first batch I made was on a blender, because it's lighter I like to make a first batch that is stronger than most. I use a similar prep method as the Aluball, 2 cups of water to 3 tbs of kava, after I blended this batch just by appearance alone, I could tell it looked off, I added one by one, 3 more tbs to the grog and it only got darker with bigger than usual particles of root floating about. I chugged in hopes for better results then the appearance.
The taste, which I can only describe as the 3rd or 4th wash from any other kava, was watery. I barely felt anything, no head rush, no familiar Lawena euphoria. barely noticeable.
I did two more tests, on separate days to make sure it was the case. Both other preps were with the Aluball, as described above, same problem, not as dark because I didn't mix as much root. The picture below, is what it looked like on the final attempt.

I will not be buying this again, but I have to say the other 2 kavas on his lineup are excellent!

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
I am sorry to hear this, the Lawena is definitely the lightest of the three kavas I offer. It still gives everyone else who tried it told me it provided good anxiety relief, maybe it isn't for you.

Last edited: