What's new

Least Heady Kava?

Looking for pure anti anxiety / sedation, really don't like the heady effects of Kava. Any strains that are mostly devoid of this effect?

Karuna Kava

Kava Entrepreneur Boise, ID
Kava Vendor
Our Relaxed Chai Damu is very body focused and sedating. I can only drink it in the evenings. It is also completely sugar free, which makes it a great night time kava, and it still has a really smooth flavor, although it is a bit closer to traditional kava than our other sweetened varieties. Its a great Fijian variety from

Shaman-warrior

Kava Curious
GHK Nene and KWK Borongoru are my go to for pure heavy.
I'm surprised people say nene is heavy. That's all I've been drinking lately and it's not what I would consider heavy. It can be, I've had some heavy nene a few years ago, but lately they've been more mild.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Vanutan from fiji vanu. Tbh most kavas have etleast some heady kick even if its short lived. Rarely do i find a kava that doesnt have etleast a little headdiness. I think some are just noticeably heavy with strong sedation and body relaxation where a clear headdy effect is more euphoric and felt in the head specifically behind the eyes… but even those towards the end of the kavas duration of effects become sedating

BulaStu

Looking for pure anti anxiety / sedation, really don't like the heady effects of Kava. Any strains that are mostly devoid of this effect?
It's out of stock at the moment, but Kava Times Ambaes Kava was super-heavy melo-melo-mellowness, their current variety Santo's Pride is unbelieveably strong, peppery and heavy but includes a heady rush at the start that is intense, not as good for bedtime as the Ambaes....KalmwithKavas Borongoru using hot water would also fit your bill......Does anybody else prefer to chase their Kava with good old whole milk (rather than adding it to the kava) it seems to clear the lactones from your mouth most efficiently. Also, does anyone else add a dash of baking soda to the blender? I do a cold water blend of a double dose for daytime use, then add a little fresh powder and do a hot water second blend for evening....