What's new

Leka Hina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone had this before from bkh or anywhere? It's kind of expensive but if it's really good then its not an insane price, (especially if you have some reward points laying around.)

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyone had this before from bkh or anywhere? It's kind of expensive but if it's really good then its not an insane price, (especially if you have some reward points laying around.)
I'd be curious too. The kavalactone percentage is pretty low.

Have u tried the kavafied tonga yet?

Did you see puoni Ono is back?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@ThePiper We just sent out the first orders today.

@Ricardo Piquant The kavalactone percentage is similar to what you'll find in many Hawaiian and Tongan kavas. I would say it is moderately potent. If potency is how you, or anyone, places value on kava, we have a couple other, cheaper options that are a bit stronger. Leka Hina is in our Private Reserve line because it's very rare and the effects are really amazing. Of course, kava preference is very personal, so I won't say that everybody will see the value in a $79/lb. product, but I think most kava connoisseurs will recognize the quality.

Bula!

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
@ThePiper We just sent out the first orders today.

@Ricardo Piquant The kavalactone percentage is similar to what you'll find in many Hawaiian and Tongan kavas. I would say it is moderately potent. If potency is how you, or anyone, places value on kava, we have a couple other, cheaper options that are a bit stronger. Leka Hina is in our Private Reserve line because it's very rare and the effects are really amazing. Of course, kava preference is very personal, so I won't say that everybody will see the value in a $79/lb. product, but I think most kava connoisseurs will recognize the quality.

Bula!
Kava tonga is $100 lb and TFR is $90 by the time it gets to your door. $80 doesn't look bad for a rare top shelf item.

And if you just toss n wash a thimbleful at a time it'll last a while. :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Could you go into detail about the effects, in your opinion, and what makes it really amazing?
Yeah, sure. For me, it's the right potency. Some kava is simply too strong, and of course, some is too weak. Leka Hina is just right. I don't lose motivation to do other things and it doesn't keep me up. It's heady like many Tongan kavas, but there's zero anxiety that comes on, which is a problem I have with some heady kava. There's the right amount of body feel to ease muscles without making me feel like jelly. The flavor is nice and fresh and the kava is very easy drinking. Most importantly to me, it just has a clean and pure feel to it. Both flavor and effects wise. Great care was taken to grow this kava and it's evident when I drink it.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, sure. For me, it's the right potency. Some kava is simply too strong, and of course, some is too weak. Leka Hina is just right. I don't lose motivation to do other things and it doesn't keep me up. It's heady like many Tongan kavas, but there's zero anxiety that comes on, which is a problem I have with some heady kava. There's the right amount of body feel to ease muscles without making me feel like jelly. The flavor is nice and fresh and the kava is very easy drinking. Most importantly to me, it just has a clean and pure feel to it. Both flavor and effects wise. Great care was taken to grow this kava and it's evident when I drink it.
How does it compare to the other tongans you have?

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I'm the same with heady kavas - I read reviews that give 5 shells for an anxiolytic effect so I go ahead and order and find i'm even more anxious. I had been drinking heady kavas but after doing a herbal cleanse as per instructions from my holistic practitioner I found them TOO heavy, giving me a dizzy and unbalanced feeling which consequently makes me anxious! (It was one of my major symptoms during my GAD/panic attack phase). So I'm hoping that you're correct here, Judd, and its a good all round kava that doesn't induce even the smidgeon of anxiety! I'm expecting it to arrive any day!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I'm the same with heady kavas - I read reviews that give 5 shells for an anxiolytic effect so I go ahead and order and find i'm even more anxious. I had been drinking heady kavas but after doing a herbal cleanse as per instructions from my holistic practitioner I found them TOO heavy, giving me a dizzy and unbalanced feeling which consequently makes me anxious! (It was one of my major symptoms during my GAD/panic attack phase). So I'm hoping that you're correct here, Judd, and its a good all round kava that doesn't induce even the smidgeon of anxiety! I'm expecting it to arrive any day!
Awesome. I really think you'll like it. As you know, guaranteeing a kava will affect someone the same way it affects someone else is foolhardy. It's so personal. So far though, the response has been great, and I haven't heard anyone say it's made them anxious. Thank you so much for the order. I really appreciate it.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Well all I can say is this Kava is indeed special and Judd is right on the money with his description. It’s hard to explain the feeling but clean certainly seems prominent. It will be a shame when we can’t get anymore of this. Treat yourself while you still can! Looking forward to other private reserve offerings hopefully in the near future ;)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Well all I can say is this Kava is indeed special and Judd is right on the money with his description. It’s hard to explain the feeling but clean certainly seems prominent. It will be a shame when we can’t get anymore of this. Treat yourself while you still can! Looking forward to other private reserve offerings hopefully in the near future ;)
Stoked that you like it. Leka Hina continues to be very well received. If you could take a few minutes to post a review I'd be grateful.

I have a couple other PR products in the works. One of them in particular, if I can get my hands on it, will blow you away, both with rarity and quality. Crossing my fingers it comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.