What's new

Let's introduce ourselves newbies

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Figured I'd do an introduction. Hi, I go by kava-noob on this forum. I'm obviously new to Kava. I've known about kava for a long time but only tried it in the Yogi brand tea (far from the real deal) and liked the relaxing effects.

Lately I've been looking into herbal alternatives because I'm really not a fan of pharmaceuticals. I'm currently on a couple of medications for depression and anxiety that I checked won't have dangerous interactions with kava. Someday I don't want to be on these medications anymore because I don't want to take them for years and years and then go through hell when I'm ready to stop taking them. I'll eventually bring that up with my doc.

Anyways, I've struggled with depression and anxiety pretty much my whole life, and herbal remedies are much more appealing to me than a man made pill. I've been drawn to herbal remedies for years actually, I just wasn't brave enough and didn't have the means to actually pursue any of it.

Currently I take K@ to help with the chronic pain and the fatigue that comes with it and it's honestly been a life saver for me. However, I know K@ is addictive and I came here to pursue a safer non addictive alternative.

I'm really excited to start my journey with Kava. I'm making sure to not have any expectations and to just relax and enjoy the ride. I do hope that this plant will bring me some kind of clarity or understanding of myself as I've heard it's kind of a spiritual substance. But again I'm not setting expectations, I'm just going to allow myself to relax and have fun with it.

What about the other newbies here? Care to introduce yourself?