What's new

I Love Kava Friday Let's just take a moment

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I ordered some kava this week so I'm hoping it'll get here before I run out of Borogoru. Pretty slow week, so I don't feel much need to celebrate the weekend but sometimes when you celebrate, you uplift yourself a bit.

It's been super nice out up here. 60's weather, no need for a sweatshirt, at least not when you're in the sun. Lots of green in the trees now.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
My lively job is beginning today and that is something to appreciate or even celebrate. I'll enjoy a nice stiff shell of waka while getting ready for my day.

This past Wednesday kava ceremony online here was very good. I was surprised by how genuinely ready for bed I felt after four shells of mongrel grog--kava which had been brewed many times. Last night I was surprised again by how rocking and awesome my favorite waka is, after not tasting it for so long.

Based on what I'll be drinking, I can at least guarantee my body will be safe. A beverage which is both enjoyable and non toxic is something to be celebrated for me!

I've got the ukelele to play around with, and a new crystal, my first Citrine. If any of you are into collecting rocks, I have some amethyst, rose quartz, I give them away as gifts. The citrine has bowed since my owning of it. It used to lie flat, now it is curled up on the sides. Somewhere missing in the home I have a fantastic herkimer quartz with a drop of water in it. If it's not in the home then I would be baffled as to how it snuck out.

One more thing, my cat brought me a Live Snake! yesterday. I love the live snakes, my cat knows this, she gave it right to me. I played with the snake for a little while then it found a hollow tube, nested in the center, so I brought it out to a shaded area. We are still having hard frosts at night, garden and vegetation season is coming. Before I submit my post, I'll have my shell of kava. I only get to make this post once a week, I'll enjoy my craft.

Alright, yes. Tastes good to me. A flavor easily recognized, yet a challenge to describe, soaked with variety across cultivars. As this shell came from the fridge from last night, it has a grassy flavor with hints of spice and cooling herbs.

Bula all!

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Well my Fiji Vanua Vanuatu arrived today so that's nice. I was hopeful because the MN house of reps passed cannabis legalization legislation but it looks like it won't pass in the senate. Bummer.

The weather is cooler and rainy-ish here today, but it's not freezing at night anymore which is nice because then i don't have to scrape ice off the windows of my car in the morning.

I'm drinking some of the vanuatu w/ some other kavas i've got around while i'm typing this. I've got a bunch of frozen makas i need to prep up. I prepped some last night w/ a little lawena and it was pretty nice. Hope everyone has a feel good weekend!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Well my Fiji Vanua Vanuatu arrived today so that's nice. I was hopeful because the MN house of reps passed cannabis legalization legislation but it looks like it won't pass in the senate. Bummer.

The weather is cooler and rainy-ish here today, but it's not freezing at night anymore which is nice because then i don't have to scrape ice off the windows of my car in the morning.

I'm drinking some of the vanuatu w/ some other kavas i've got around while i'm typing this. I've got a bunch of frozen makas i need to prep up. I prepped some last night w/ a little lawena and it was pretty nice. Hope everyone has a feel good weekend!
Hello, fellow Minnesotan! Nice weather out today, right?

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
The Postal Service lost my Kava Concentrate from KWK. That was going to be the weekend drink, and was looking forward to it as it was something different! USPS can't do anything right. They better not lose my microionized Borogu! I am black on Kava!

LUCKILY, Amazon to the rescue (again). I was able to get some Wakacon Waka. It's not my favorite, but if you mix it in the Aluball with some coconut milk it's tolerable. The worst tasting kava is better than the best tasting alcohol.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
MN kava drinkers unite! lol

Def loving the warming temps yesterday and this weekend. One day of rain and clouds is fine if I see 80 degrees in the forecast!
@fait if you ever run out of kava let me know PSL kava can do same day in Minneapolis area!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
MN kava drinkers unite! lol

Def loving the warming temps yesterday and this weekend. One day of rain and clouds is fine if I see 80 degrees in the forecast!
@fait if you ever run out of kava let me know PSL kava can do same day in Minneapolis area!
I don't recognize "PSL" as an acronym. Are they a Minnesota-based kava retailer?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
@kavakarma i collect rocks too- my fav is green diopside. Black star diopside is also very cool. Snowflake obsidian has been one i liked since i was a kid.

I used to have a much larger collection that i amassed since childhood but alas no more. Right now my whole collection can fit in a pretty large abalone shell.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Once again, I didn’t see this thread until Sunday. The glee and the hope that comes along with a Friday is inverted on a Sunday, leaving only a barren cold heart and a dark tunnel with a dearth of light.

So as we walk through the valley of darkness, let us remember that another Friday awaits, and yet another after. And so on until the kiss of death.

Let us raise our shells to finding glory in the days between!