What's new

Let's welcome Kava King

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello fellow Kavasseurs. I wanted to let everyone know that @Kavaking Products has expressed interest in joining our online community. I've set them up as a vendor, and had a discussion with them last night on the phone. So if you would, please join me in welcoming them to kavaforums. I feel they will be an awesome addition to our kava loving community.

-Kapm

Kavaking

Ormond Beach, FL
Kava Vendor
Thank you Kapm!
We are very excited to become a part of your community!

Roberta! That is great to hear we have two different types of kava dark chocolate!!

- A regular dark chocolate with kava, this one is approx. 55% cocoa
- A vegan dark chocolate this chocolate is a higher grade and contains approx. 65% cocoa in it.

Each chocolate contain a mild amount of kava in the chocolate we have found a perfect combination of kava to chocolate to ensure the chocolate remains in excellent condition and doesn't break down as well as doesn't give it an undesired consistency.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Welcome Kava King! I may have an existing review of your products on here. Its definitely good stuff, and what I tend to give folks as an intro kava. Most helpful for me for sleep. Welcome! (does the first one to review get some sort of a bargin?)

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Such a shame your products are illegal in New Zealand, @Kavaking ! I am sure a kava chocolate would be a great way of promoting kava among non-kava drinkers here..

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Wait, what?? I though New Zealand was very liberal about kava.
Only about traditional kava/traditional ways of consuming kava.

According to our legislation:

" Prohibition

(1) Piper methysticum (kava) or any derived substance must not be sold unless it is –

(a) a beverage obtained by cold water extraction; or

(b) the dried or raw form

of the peeled root or peeled rootstock of plants of the species Piper methysticum.

(2) Kava must not be used as an ingredient in foods."

Kavaking

Ormond Beach, FL
Kava Vendor
@Henry

We have actually started selling our products in New Zealand through a distributor. Our product is categorized as a supplement and not a food product/ingredient. I am not 100% knowledgeable about all the rules in regards to NZ but I could find out more through one of my colleagues if you are interested.

Thanks

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
@Henry

We have actually started selling our products in New Zealand through a distributor. Our product is categorized as a supplement and not a food product/ingredient. I am not 100% knowledgeable about all the rules in regards to NZ but I could find out more through one of my colleagues if you are interested.

Thanks
Hi, sure I would like to find out more and learn where your products are sold in NZ. I wpuld be happy to buy some kava choclate if it is sold in Auckland. At the same time, I believe that this distributor might be breaking the regulations. Perhaps nobody cares, but I find it hard to believe that the regulators would agree that chocolate is not food and that a kava chocolate is not a food product containing kava. Otherwise this whole kava legislation seems totally meaningless. But I am not a lawyer and perhaps there are some additional regulations that can help turn food into supplement..

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Do you think that our kava legislation is bad? I think it is quite reasonable: allows traditional consumption of roots, prohibits non-aqueous extracts and using kava as an ingredient in foods. I know the latter means that some good products cannot be sold, but I think the point was to prevent people from selling stuff containing unknown parts of the plant or non-acueous extracts..

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Do you think that our kava legislation is bad? I think it is quite reasonable: allows traditional consumption of roots, prohibits non-aqueous extracts and using kava as an ingredient in foods. I know the latter means that some good products cannot be sold, but I think the point was to prevent people from selling stuff containing unknown parts of the plant or non-acueous extracts..
I guess I knee-jerked at the need for regulation. If that regulation weeded out Noble from non-Noble, then that would be good legislation. The ban on CO2 extracts in food is not necessary, provided the source material is noble.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I guess I knee-jerked at the need for regulation. If that regulation weeded out Noble from non-Noble, then that would be good legislation. The ban on CO2 extracts in food is not necessary, provided the source material is noble.
Hm, there are some people that claim that even CO2 might not be as safe as the traditional method.

I don't think it would make sense for NZ legislation to ban tudei as our tudei detection methods are still experimental (also note that the legislation was drafted in 2002). Besides, the real problem with tudei is that it has undesirable effects and not that it is some kind of a poison (even though we do acknowledge that it might potentially be more risky than noble kava, which appears to have a very, very good safety record).
I mean, out of all kava-specific legal acts I've seen, the NZ legislation appears as the most reasonable one. I am naturally biased, but I am happy that it doesn't prohibit my preferred types of kava products and encourages my preferred method of their consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.