What's new

List of vendors that sell and ship fully prepped kava ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Fully prepped, liquid, and bottled kava.
Who sells and ships it ? Even if it's a partial list.
I remember accidentally stumbling across one online, and I think it was based in Colorado, but I completely forget their name.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Please… you are bringing up a tough subject… kalm with kavas fresh green bottled kava was something beyond special. My fridge use to look like an advertisement for @Henry and @Kalm with Kava.
The stars aligned in all the correct ways. I'm just glad to have been a participant during the time.

It's a tough subject for us, too! Give us a little time :)
Something that's always stuck in my memory is hearing my wife in the kitchen fumbling around only to find her mixing the bottled green with KWK Concentrate. The proper name, I believe, is "Fresh Kalmakazi" ;)

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
The stars aligned in all the correct ways. I'm just glad to have been a participant during the time.

Something that's always stuck in my memory is hearing my wife in the kitchen fumbling around only to find her mixing the bottled green with KWK Concentrate. The proper name, I believe, is "Fresh Kalmakazi" ;)
Reminds me of the time i used the fresh bottles juice to knead medium grind kava.. ya i coulda drank the two separately but its for science;)

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Oh wow. At first it wasn't apparent to me that KWK's version was discontinued.
Or is it just out of stock, short-term ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Please… you are bringing up a tough subject… kalm with kavas fresh green bottled kava was something beyond special. My fridge use to look like an advertisement for @Henry and @Kalm with Kava.

What's the deal with Henry ?
Does he sell his own product, separately from KWK ?
And has that been discontinued as well, considering you referred to the whole thing a 'tough subject' ?

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
And has that been discontinued as well, considering you referred to the whole thing a 'tough subject' ?
It was a very complex process to bottle it beyond what I can even begin to grasp to make it shelf stable. In terms of it being a “tough subject” I just miss drinking it very much but am thankful i got to try it when it was available.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
It was a very complex process to bottle it beyond what I can even begin to grasp to make it shelf stable
As far as preserving it, something tells me there must be some kind of easy, natural ingredient to add, to lengthen its life.
Something like lemon juice maybe ?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Henry is the one who did the footwork in order to make the drink a physical reality. Mike was the 2nd piece of the puzzle in his procurement abilities of fresh kava. While Henry absolutely retains the ability to make the drink, availability of fresh kava in abundance was Mike's specialty. Of course we all know we lost Mike, and then covid hit, so the drink just isn't a possibility at the moment.

As far as preserving it, something tells me there must be some kind of easy, natural ingredient to add, to lengthen its life.
Something like lemon juice maybe ?
I can't tell you how they really went about that as it is quite a technically advanced trade secret, but I assure you it involved the addition of zero additives.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I can't tell you how they really went about that as it is quite a technically advanced trade secret, but I assure you it involved the addition of zero additives.

I guess one way, would be to convert it out of its liquid form, through dehydration.
And then I guess you would have Instant !
Which got me thinking about potentially a DIY instant. And the cost and labor involved of doing your own dehydration.

This is something I found and I'm curious how this would turn out

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Henry is the mad scientist, Mike was the business man behind it all. Two really, really good people.

We've got a couple things in the works. I'm going to bring it back, but it'll take some time.