What's new

Listening to kava outside, at night

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Had a sad morning today. Coyotes grabbed one of our ducks last night. It must have been between midnight and 7:00am because I saw all 3 of them sleeping happily while I was outside on a virtual kava circle.

Anyway, I'm sitting in a blind on the edge of a hayfield with some Squanch in me. No streetlights. Just the sounds of nature. It's a nice change of pace from sitting indoors.

So, RIP Pinky the Duck, I'm heartbroken that you got snatched. However, it's made me remember how kava can feel so nice when you're outside in the dark.

Try chilling outdoors on a comfortable evening. Watch the sun go down and listen to the sounds around you. Dogs barking in the distance. A tractor hauling one last load of hay before supper time. Some birds singing. The stars start to come out, the crickets do their thing. It's nice.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
You have a way with words. I would read anything you wrote while krunked! Inspiring me to listen to the kava more.

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
I'm really sorry to hear about Pinky. I'm glad that kava gave you the mind space you needed in order to be in the present moment, outside at night, appreciating sounds and nature. Such 'basic stuff' can become powerful if you just look a bit longer. As soon as my kava arrives I will follow your advice and chill outdoors.

Last edited:

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
It's surprising how busy we get with our lives and we don't just take a minute to sit and let the world move along while we're still and merely observing. Even without kava, you get time to think about things that may or may not matter. You see how the world works without having any distractions. You ever just go to an ant hill and watch the ants? You ever look at the details of the big tree in your yard? You ever sit in a chair outside and watch the birds and other wild life? Humans are meant to work but humans are also meant to stop and reflect. You can look into the past and into the future, but the present is where we're all tied to and it helps to see what the present is doing all around you.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I always drink outside too, usually wandering round the back garden late afternoon/early evening in between shells when at home. Its so much better to have open space around you - the visual perception changes that a couple of good strong shells provides make just wandering around looking at things really enjoyable. Fruitbats on the move just after sunset are awesome.
Even when stuck in a 10th floor apartment when working in phnom penh I drink on the balcony, watching the chaos down below.
Drinking inside is a last resort - unless of course you're in the middle of an Alaskan winter. Inside would be just fine then.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
Outsidewithkava1 Kajsa Kavat.jpg
I was sick, laying i bed an entire weekend when I read your thread. I got inspired by your words. I don't know if you are a man or woman, in my opinon it doesn't really matter. I needed to practice drawing men since I always draw women. Didn't have the courage to post this until now. So. Yeah. Hope the coyotes haven't bother you anymore and that you are still enjoying kava outside!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
View attachment 9653 I was sick, laying i bed an entire weekend when I read your thread. I got inspired by your words. I don't know if you are a man or woman, in my opinon it doesn't really matter. I needed to practice drawing men since I always draw women. Didn't have the courage to post this until now. So. Yeah. Hope the coyotes haven't bother you anymore and that you are still enjoying kava outside!
holy cow, it even looks like him! (@kastom_lif ) This is preternaturally cool. Thanks for posting it

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
View attachment 9653 I was sick, laying i bed an entire weekend when I read your thread. I got inspired by your words. I don't know if you are a man or woman, in my opinon it doesn't really matter. I needed to practice drawing men since I always draw women. Didn't have the courage to post this until now. So. Yeah. Hope the coyotes haven't bother you anymore and that you are still enjoying kava outside!
Wow, that is so cool. I can't believe you did a sketch of that :) It's pretty darn close, too! I don't have quite the scenic view of a hayfield. You made it look even prettier.

Nothing has bothered the birdies again and the coyotes either moved on, or have found other food sources nearby.

I hope you're feeling better again. A new weekend, new chance to relax and listen to kava.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I love sitting in the back yard on a nice evening watching the sunset near a crackling bonfire. The way the sunset lights up the trees, the smell
of the smoke, the sounds of outdoor life, crackling fire, etc. make for a VERY enjoyable evening (as long as my neighbor isn't mowing his
lawn!)

I often do this even in the winter. As long as the temp is reasonable here in WI (like at least 20F), and the fire is stoked up enough,
it's plenty warm, and as a bonus, I get the entire outdoors to myself!!!

David H.

Kava Curious
Kava and nature go together perfectly. Nothing like a starry night in my backyard with a strong grog and some calming music. It’s really a spiritual experience. And I’m never spiritual.