What's new

Powdered Kava Review Loa Lawena

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Before this Kava, i tried a kg of kwk loa waka which has the same chemotype. While the loa waka was super heady but was more or less a "flash in the pan" kava, this one does have more depth too it. I like kavas that are brutally heady but still tried to mix in some malekula magic to give KWKs product some relaxing properties too. It would never works since the two kavas appeared to be fighting each other if that makes sense.

Loa Lawena provides me with the effect i wanted to achieve. It's a heady/balanced kava that quickly hits you with a kavain trance, that slowly fades into a more euphoric, and satisfying relaxation. I've heard people report on a warm body feeling and i can attest to that. Normally, Kava seems to be quite cooling, so this one might be good for the Wintertime.

The taste is super mild, very easy to drink - i can chug down 400ml of the brew without gagging. As for potency, it is ok, not as potent as loa waka, but especially considering the price - good value! Also seems to be a bit less nauseating than the loa waka despite being a finer grind, but that remains to be seen.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I wanted to update this since i weighed out the amount i drank the last (and first 3 sessions): 200g! Thats 66,6g per session, making this kava maybe 80% weaker in strength than KWK waka in terms of Kvain and maybe 60-70% overall.

good review. Sounds like you are into heady kavas (as am I). You might list the ones you like for the rest of us daytimers.
Wish i could help you with a good one. My favourite was VKS Kaolik...a very hopeful, uplifiting and freeing kava. I'm yet to find a replacement kava with high yangonin content. I fear we have to wait until stocks are replenished on Vanuatu and that can take a few years still.