What's new

Powdered Kava Review Loa Lawena

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
For my first ever review, Cactus Kava Fijian Loa Lawena. I was fortunate enough to receive a private message from Cactus about this excellent root. He knew I have a preference for Tongan and Fijian kavas and offered to sell me some of this Fijian that was soon to be added to his product line. Of course I jumped at the chance to try another Fijian kava.
The packaging is gorgeous and was large enough for easing scooping of the root. Thanks for adding the free high-quality nut milk bag style strainer. I like using strong, small micron, see through strainers like yours. It was a little small because I make 64 ounces at a time during preparation, but it would be perfect for normal smaller sessions. This is not the bags fault as I just tend to jug, so I used my larger milk bag.
The root smelled fresh and had a light creamy color. I gave it a one star for taste because I made it in V8 Splash and because I think it would be a very easy to drink kava even prepped in water.
I drank two 8 ounce shells roughly about 20 minutes apart. It is a creeper kava, so I probably drank my second 8 ounces faster than I needed to. It hit about 5 to 10 minutes after the second shell at roughly a half hour after the first shell. I drank these about an hour and half before dinner. I had a post dinner 8 ounce shell then my nightcap shell of 4 ounces mixed with 4 ounces of yerba mate.
The effects were what I am always chasing after and have felt lesser amounts of but finally really got taken "There". I really enjoy the heady effect without jitters and this delivers that but also gave the most euphoria of any kava I have tried so far. I also enjoyed not being sedated by this kava. I want kava to help me sleep when I am ready to sleep but not before I am ready to sleep. I slept well when I was ready for bed.
After the second shell hit I looked at my girlfriend and said Wow!!! Tons of happy euphoria with a body warming sensation and a release of anxiety. I was prepping dinner for the family and just leaned back against the sink grinning and feeling the waves of bliss and warmth splash against the shore built of my body and mind. I believe this would make an excellent social kava as I was a bit of a Chatty Kathy at dinner time which is very unusual for me. I only had about an hour or so to really enjoy it as dinner was ready. Eating minimizes the heady effects of kava for me, but I still felt happy. About an hour after dinner I took another 8 ounce shell and in about 20 minutes a second less strong but still quite enjoyable wave of bliss came back to me. This delighted me as this just doesn't happen for me. I can rebuild the heavy effects after dinner but never the heady effects. About an hour before bed I drank my nightcap, 4 ounces of kava mixed with 4 ounces of yerba mate. I slept well and woke up refreshed. This morning I had another 4 ounces of kava and mate. I think a smaller amount is a good daytime kava and I feel productive on it, heck I even made my first kava review :)
Thanks for letting me test ride your new Fijian Loa Lawena Cactus!!!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Great review! I guess I've yet to reach those euphoric heights! This kava had a very relaxing effect on me but one of these days I'd love to experience this kavaphoria!!!

Kavakaize

kavakaize
For my first ever review, Cactus Kava Fijian Loa Lawena. I was fortunate enough to receive a private message from Cactus about this excellent root. He knew I have a preference for Tongan and Fijian kavas and offered to sell me some of this Fijian that was soon to be added to his product line. Of course I jumped at the chance to try another Fijian kava.
The packaging is gorgeous and was large enough for easing scooping of the root. Thanks for adding the free high-quality nut milk bag style strainer. I like using strong, small micron, see through strainers like yours. It was a little small because I make 64 ounces at a time during preparation, but it would be perfect for normal smaller sessions. This is not the bags fault as I just tend to jug, so I used my larger milk bag.
The root smelled fresh and had a light creamy color. I gave it a one star for taste because I made it in V8 Splash and because I think it would be a very easy to drink kava even prepped in water.
I drank two 8 ounce shells roughly about 20 minutes apart. It is a creeper kava, so I probably drank my second 8 ounces faster than I needed to. It hit about 5 to 10 minutes after the second shell at roughly a half hour after the first shell. I drank these about an hour and half before dinner. I had a post dinner 8 ounce shell then my nightcap shell of 4 ounces mixed with 4 ounces of yerba mate.
The effects were what I am always chasing after and have felt lesser amounts of but finally really got taken "There". I really enjoy the heady effect without jitters and this delivers that but also gave the most euphoria of any kava I have tried so far. I also enjoyed not being sedated by this kava. I want kava to help me sleep when I am ready to sleep but not before I am ready to sleep. I slept well when I was ready for bed.
After the second shell hit I looked at my girlfriend and said Wow!!! Tons of happy euphoria with a body warming sensation and a release of anxiety. I was prepping dinner for the family and just leaned back against the sink grinning and feeling the waves of bliss and warmth splash against the shore built of my body and mind. I believe this would make an excellent social kava as I was a bit of a Chatty Kathy at dinner time which is very unusual for me. I only had about an hour or so to really enjoy it as dinner was ready. Eating minimizes the heady effects of kava for me, but I still felt happy. About an hour after dinner I took another 8 ounce shell and in about 20 minutes a second less strong but still quite enjoyable wave of bliss came back to me. This delighted me as this just doesn't happen for me. I can rebuild the heavy effects after dinner but never the heady effects. About an hour before bed I drank my nightcap, 4 ounces of kava mixed with 4 ounces of yerba mate. I slept well and woke up refreshed. This morning I had another 4 ounces of kava and mate. I think a smaller amount is a good daytime kava and I feel productive on it, heck I even made my first kava review :)
Thanks for letting me test ride your new Fijian Loa Lawena Cactus!!!
Great review! Just talked to cactus going to order some.
"She shouldn't shrug when you chug the jug and are ready for a tug on the rug, only then are you ready to reveal the inner slug"

Poet of unknown origin

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I made some this morning and only used 1.5 tablespoons and it still came out potent. I think this may be a one tablespoon per cup kava for me. Definitely bumped my favorite kavas down a notch.
When I drink it, it makes me feel like this:

Last edited:

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Just drank a few shells of this Kava and enjoyed it, a definite goto for all day consumption. Love the classic woody flavor that Fijian Kavas tend to have. Haven't had it in awhile. It was also refreshing to see a lighter color brew that you get from lawena ( stumps ). I'm curious now to what the effects of a Tongan versions of stumps and lateral roots would be like since its always a blend of both. Only experience i had with only Tongan stump roots was when I use to chew on them as a child to make my mouth go numb lol