What's new

loa waka dosage and prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I get micronized Loa Waka by KWK. :shameshame:
I wanted to ask for dosage. It says that you only need 2-4 teaspoons of it. But I've read so many times that you need 4 tablespoons of the powder.
And then I wanted to know whether to make the Kawa in the traditional way to make it work.
Or does it even if I simply stir the powder? On their homepage it is so written.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I get micronized Loa Waka by KWK. :shameshame:
I wanted to ask for dosage. It says that you only need 2-4 teaspoons of it. But I've read so many times that you need 4 tablespoons of the powder.
And then I wanted to know whether to make the Kawa in the traditional way to make it work.
Or does it even if I simply stir the powder? On their homepage it is so written.
Micronised is different to normal ground root. Micronised is whole root that has been ground very finely so all you need to do is mix it with water. Stirring is not very effective, you're better off with a shaker bottle with a lid. To start with try 1 rounded tablespoon in 200 to 250 ml of water and if you want to add a splash of milk that's a good idea in my opinion. Wait half an hour and see how you feel. You can drink another 2 or 3 the same as the first but leave enough time between your doses and if you start feeling very nice then stop drinking. Kava has a delayed effect so if you're feeling good already adding more is nearly always a bad idea.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Today I finally get the loa waka. :)
I would like it to work immediately and that I am not in the reverse tolerance ... with the few seems to have worked immediately.
But I've been taking the kava liquid for a while. Could this perhaps help me to feel the effects already today?

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Soooo, here is my experience about the first time:
I quickly realized that I was calmer inwardly.
But I'm not sitting here and I think: wow ...

Does it still come after a while or is 1 tablespoon too little?
Can now not drink a second cup, but it tastes just too bitter: / and I must now also eat something

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I only have experience with GHK's microgrind but once I got past the first few sessions I settled into 2-3 Tablespoons. 3 Tablespoons all at once was a nice real heady kick within just 10-15 minutes. With some varietals 3TBS was too much at once (like Moi). So if you are just starting out and unfamiliar with the brand you are using I would recommend starting with 1TBS in ~8oz of water. Wait 20-30 minutes and asses if you want more. Slowly ramp up with 1TBS every 30 minutes and remember it can slow build up over several hours. No need to rush the kava is not going anywhere. From there you can experiment with upping or lowering the dose the next day and see how you react.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
4 tablespoons is probably 1/2-3/4 of the can of micronized. That is WAAAY too much. You'll probably wanna start with a teaspoon if you've never drank Kava before. Just mix it with 4-6 oz of water and drink it. Micronized can hit you pretty hard, so don't drink too much to start with. I think @Zaphod is thinking of medium grind, because 2-3 tablespoons of micronized at once is ALOT of kava.

Traditional prep is only used with medium grind kava and not micronized. Micronized is the consistency of powdered sugar and meant to be stirred right into water. Medium grind looks like fine saw dust and you need to strain it using traditional prep or with a aluball so you don't get the makas (the bad stuff).

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
4 tablespoons is probably 1/2-3/4 of the can of micronized. That is WAAAY too much. You'll probably wanna start with a teaspoon if you've never drank Kava before. Just mix it with 4-6 oz of water and drink it. Micronized can hit you pretty hard, so don't drink too much to start with. I think @Zaphod is thinking of medium grind, because 2-3 tablespoons of micronized at once is ALOT of kava.

Traditional prep is only used with medium grind kava and not micronized. Micronized is the consistency of powdered sugar and meant to be stirred right into water. Medium grind looks like fine saw dust and you need to strain it using traditional prep or with a aluball so you don't get the makas (the bad stuff).
No, you read that correct I was taking 2-3 tablespoons of micronized all at once. The smack in the face was fantastic but don't plan on doing much the rest of the evening! I have since moved to medium grind/traditional prep because I like the heavier KLs in the evening these days - but still keep some micro on hand for those times I need a little head spinning. Either way I would say you need at least 1 tablespoon of microgrind to feel much. YMMV so start slow and work your way up to a point where you are good.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Hey
Nice that you ask.
Hmm .. hmm .. wait .. it's hard to describe that way.
So it still feels like the first time. I clearly notice that what happens in the head. Something dull and as if something was pressing on my eyes. I am also a bit calmer, but there is still no wow effect there. No "it's wonderful .. amazing .."

I think I do not do anything wrong either. Empty stomach, 3 teaspoons, high quality kava ... 2-3 times a day

Today is day 4 and I take my morning drink

Last edited:

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I would have to make a new order. Should I order again loa waka order or rather another? Borogu for example?
I need one to relax properly and against fear.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
You're likely to feel more from Loa Waka than Borogu. If you want the most complete experience, medium grind is the best by far. For some people, much higher than average doses are needed. When I use Micro, it is usually in the amount of 4-6 Tbsp within a couple of hours at the most. I usually start with 2Tbsp and add as needed to get the strongest effect. If you take a dose and don't feel anything in 20-30 minutes, more should be taken. If you space doses out by hours, you are just starting the experience over again (except for the sedation aspect). If you are going to feel good from kava, you'll know in under a half hour. The quick acting kava lactones kick in very quickly.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't need that much micro but I suppose if you're not feeling it so much then nothing wrong with upping the dose a bit. I would say med grind probably the place to go next. Personally I prefer the Borogu to the Loa waka but that's just me. I usually feel the initial effects of Kava really quite quickly... or straight away but it builds over 5 to 10 mins and onwards.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
yes, I feel the effects of Kava quickly, too. but they are no NICE effects. :(

I just take 4 teaspoons of the powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.